VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
congrats on the new purchase op, how much did that thing cost you?

Just under 20k. It was on consignment at an independent dealership where several friends work.

I thought the price was kinda high, but after seeing the milage and the maintenance records, with all the major things being replaced (rotors, brakes, complete air suspension, heat exchanger pump etc...), it seemed like a safe investment.

The only thing I'm going to be changing on it in the near future is the radio. Not having Bluetooth and an aux port is very inconvenient. I haven't listened to the radio in years.

Of course, only time will tell, bit until then I'm going to drive the hell out of it.

·
Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
23,606 Posts
I 100% support this purchase. In fact one of these is in the back of my mind as a potential next car should my current dd meet an untimely death. I mean, if you're going to own one more gas car before we all go electric, why not have it be a tasty AMG V8?

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
The only thing I'm going to be changing on it in the near future is the radio. Not having Bluetooth and an aux port is very inconvenient.
I use one of these in my 2008 Mercedes since it already had the 30-pin apple plug from the factory. Only downside is that music titles don't show up and the volume drop is about 25% so you need to turn up stereo volume higher when using BT.

Car Pro Bluetooth adapter for Mercedes

Love the car. I've been watching for one of these in a wagon version for awhile.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Nice car! I was hoping to see a W210, but this is still pretty cool, espeically with that mileage.

I remember when these came out, and I thought 469hp was insane for a street car.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I use one of these in my 2008 Mercedes since it already had the 30-pin apple plug from the factory. Only downside is that music titles don't show up and the volume drop is about 25% so you need to turn up stereo volume higher when using BT.

Car Pro Bluetooth adapter for Mercedes

Love the car. I've been watching for one of these in a wagon version for awhile.

Thanks, I've been eying this recently:

Dynavin X Series DIX-MB-W211 PRO Radio Navigation System for Mercedes E Class

I know it's a little on the pricey side, but it claims to integrate the dash display, steering wheel controls, as well as a few other features that other aftermarket head units do not. Has anyone here had any experiences with this brand?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
The braking system is under unlimited year and mileage warranty from my understanding. Only for failure related issues. I never had a problem with mine.

You should have an aux plug in the glove box btw.

Reactions: costaccm

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Eh, personal preference. I've owned and loved the 211 e55, 211 e63 and the current 212 e63 wagon. The 212 just takes a few aesthetic changes.

The e55 is definitely one of the best amg cars ever made but my 212 e63 is better in every way. Bang for buck though, the 211 e55's are hard to beat and they are extremely reliable. You can mod the **** out of them too. I'd really love to add a 211 e55 wagon to the stable.

I definitely miss this designo amg gem.

Reactions: costaccm
41 - 55 of 55 Posts