VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Re: drift gone wrong (vduBen)

Quote, originally posted by vduBen »
Maybe he got freaked when he saw that moped coming head-on and didn't turn into them.

looked like he was at opposite-lock, so it would seem he just tried to drift his car without having any car-control skills.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Re: drift gone wrong (Big Morgan)

Quote, originally posted by Big Morgan »

looked like he was at opposite-lock, so it would seem he just tried to drift his car without having any car-control skills.

That's for sure -- once into tail-out drift oversteer and he saw the moped, the moron started to brake (brake lights went on)! Wrong answer -- that will lock the rear wheels completely and push the rear further out, making sure you get even less control over the car.
In a FWD car, when your tail is out, you gotta steer in the direction you want to go, wait until the "catch" when the rear is stable, then power out of it (front wheels will pull the rear back into line).

·
Registered
3,717 Posts

yep i have looked at a few times, he was out of control, not trying to aviod taking someones life.
i almost hope he got injured, it might teach him and the rest of the nimrods cheering him on a lesson.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

I don't think he was trying to drift. I think he went in to the corner too hot and lifted off the throttle/ panic braked at exactly the wrong time.
But yeah, jackass for sure. Those moped people were really lucky.

·
Registered
3 old cars
3,083 Posts
Re: drift gone wrong (Astronaut3000)

I have no idea what that guy was thinking or doing, but lucky for him he didn't clobber the folks on the scooter. Unlucky for him that they caught the whole thing on video.
As a side note, I had no idea the 206 kept the spare stowed under the car.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Re: drift gone wrong (trev0006)

WTF....are people really this dumb?
Earlier that morning: "hey, honey I'm gonna take our ****box out on a mountain road and take a blind curve on a two way highway as fast as I can...God, I am awesome..."

·
Registered
32,847 Posts
Re: drift gone wrong (sucking chest wound)

Quote, originally posted by sucking chest wound »
Looks like Europe? I guess they have retards over there, too.

Looks like Spain.
Also, the video is on a Spanish bar's site, http://www.erborrico.com Its location seems to be Coslada which I found out is a village near Madrid.

·
Registered
32,847 Posts
Re: drift gone wrong (GRRR32)

Quote, originally posted by GRRR32 »
WTF....are people really this dumb?
Earlier that morning: "hey, honey I'm gonna take our ****box out on a mountain road and take a blind curve on a two way highway as fast as I can...God, I am awesome..."

Hey!! It's a Peugeot 206 GTI!
If Marcus Grönholm can pull cool drifts in his 206, I should be able to handle my 206 in a drift, too, right?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.