·
Registered
16,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
755 Posts
Re: drink & drive (DUTCHMANia)

so pimp,....yet so dangerous. Imagine get hit in the head by one of those little bottles. My friend has this little baby shoe hanging from his rear view mirror and one time he stopped short while I was sitting shotgun in his car and the shoe kicked me in the forehead, I HAD A BRUISE FOR A WEEK!. that was a easy one to explain to people.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Re: drink & drive (TSLJETTAGUY)

Quote, originally posted by TSLJETTAGUY »
so pimp,....yet so dangerous. Imagine get hit in the head by one of those little bottles. My friend has this little baby shoe hanging from his rear view mirror and one time he stopped short while I was sitting shotgun in his car and the shoe kicked me in the forehead, I HAD A BRUISE FOR A WEEK!. that was a easy one to explain to people.

Just another one of the reasons there are laws against stuff hanging from your mirror.

·
Registered
2021 Lexus GX460, 2005 Lexus GX470, 1973 IH Scout
16,737 Posts
Re: drink & drive (TSLJETTAGUY)

Quote, originally posted by TSLJETTAGUY »
I was sitting shotgun in his car and the shoe kicked me in the forehead, I HAD A BRUISE FOR A WEEK!. that was a easy one to explain to people.

I'm sorry but that was really funny

·
Registered
16,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: drink & drive (BltByKrmn)

Quote, originally posted by BltByKrmn »

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Re: drink & drive (quinntendopower)

Quote, originally posted by quinntendopower »
drinkin and driving is fun. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
yeah its real fun, especially when you have friends who have died from idiots like you

·
Registered
16,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: drink & drive (lee1)

i have 2 friends that got killed after drinking and driving, that doesn't mean i think this is a cool pic.

·
Registered
23,277 Posts
Re: drink & drive (BltByKrmn)

Quote, originally posted by BltByKrmn »

ditto, plus thats wayyy cooler than an airbag http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Believe it or not, it is legal in a number of states to drink while driving. I think Texas is one of them. You can drive around while sipping beer out of a can, as long as your blood alcohol level is below the limit.
Many many years ago, I saw some hick with a cowboy hat and his family in a station wagon pulling a small trailer, driving in stop and go traffic on the I-10 in CA, while sipping from a beer can. I honked and gave him a dirty look, he looked back wondering why the hell was my problem. It is only recently that I found it is perfectly legal to do that in some states (obviously not in CA). The logic is that if you are undel the limit, it doesn't matter whether you do the drinking before or during your driving.

·
Registered
16,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: drink & drive (Spaghetti_Part2)

it's legal in entire Europe.... indeed as long as your bloodlevel stays under the legal limit

·
Registered
19,458 Posts
Re: drink & drive (av_audi)

Quote »
The logic is that if you are undel the limit, it doesn't matter whether you do the drinking before or during your driving.

I would agree with this logic, if only there were an easier way to enforce it. How many times do you see people pull off the road to grab a beer, then get back on again. The alchohol level is still the same...

But like I said, we can't enforce it and it's better to sacrifice some 'freedom' (drinking alchohol in the car) in exchange for safer society.

·
Registered
16,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: drink & drive (PsyberVW)

Quote, originally posted by PsyberVW »

I would agree with this logic, if only there were an easier way to enforce it. How many times do you see people pull off the road to grab a beer, then get back on again. The alchohol level is still the same...

But like I said, we can't enforce it and it's better to sacrifice some 'freedom' (drinking alchohol in the car) in exchange for safer society.
i don't exactly see where you're getting at??
you "feel" safer when some-one drinks before driving the during???

·
Registered
3,970 Posts

well i think what he is getting at is, its easier to be sitting at a bar, and drinking, and go to stand up, and realize you are entirely to drunk to drive, than being allowed to drink while driving, and losing track of how much you had to drink, and not realizing how drunk you are until its too late.
Im sure we all know, on a bar stool you may feel fine, but as soon as you stand up to go to the bathroom, you quickly learn how affected you are. But sitting behind the wheel of a car, while drinking, it may be all to easy to ignore the warning signs, or not notice at all.

·
Registered
16,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: drink & drive (Spaghetti_Part2)

true, but you should know your own liits anyway
besides, after drinking more then 2 beers your bloodlevel will be too high anyways, and i think when i had 2 i can still remember how many i had.

·
Banned
837 Posts
Re: drink & drive (lee1)

Quote, originally posted by lee1 »
yeah its real fun, especially when you have friends who have died from idiots like you

i was kidding you douche... thats the problem with people these days... they have no sense of sarcasm and take everything so seriously...
i'm gonna go drink and drive now

·
Registered
3,970 Posts

Quote, originally posted by DUTCHMANia »
true, but you should know your own liits anyway
besides, after drinking more then 2 beers your bloodlevel will be too high anyways, and i think when i had 2 i can still remember how many i had.

maybe....why take the chance?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts