VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last weekend me and one of my buddys went to the bar for a while, then went to pick up his buddy. so we picked him up and decided to go to a party. the kid sitting in the back seat was making fun of my buddys golf gt, so he decided to show him how well it handles through a residental area. we hit a patch of ice doing around 60mph in a corner and he hit a parked car and several mail boxes. my buddy ended up going to detox. that was not a good night for him.
my ear

the GT

my blood on the GT

more pics of the car

·
Registered
449 Posts
wow....that's really sad
Is everyone okay? Sorry about the loss, but it could have been worse. How fast were you going? Was it head on? Others involved?

edit:
read the post and answered my questions. Just natural for me to look at the pictures without reading. heh.

Modified by Yamiyanazz at 2:32 PM 2-26-2006

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
Re: (Yamiyanazz)

Sorry for the car and your injury and blah blah blah..

But I say screw anyone who drives even slightly intoxicated. It is absolutely one thing I can not for the life of me even begin to tolerate. Absolute crap.

·
Registered
14,316 Posts
Re: (Yamiyanazz)

guess that golf GT is handling really good now huh???
sorry about your ear
....your friend is a bit of a dumbass
IB4TL btw...

Modified by eight-zero scirocco at 5:39 PM 2-26-2006

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (eight-zero scirocco)

the sad thing is the weekend before he was driving drunk and took out a sign, thats why there is tape on his windshield, he just had it replaced. i guess some people just need some thing to happen that is really bad before they learn there lesson. I know i am never going to get in the car with somone that is drunk ever again

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Re: (2.0-16v-scirocco)

Sucks for the car, can't really say i feel bad for your buddy, my fiance was almost killed by a drunk hick in december.

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Re: (JettaGTI_UK)

dont feel bad for the drunk driver either. people who drive drunk or heavily intoxicated = morons

sorry, but my take. i have had buddies get hit in cars from a drunk driver.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Re: drinking and driving good handling cars is not a good thing (2.0-16v-scirocco)

well i dont feel sorry for you or the car or your friend. you all got what you deserved and thank god you didn't hurt any inocent bystanders.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Re: drinking and driving good handling cars is not a good thing (bluesbrothers)

Drink Drivers =

No sympathy for the driver or his car, and you really should know better than to get in a car with someone who's been drinking. This is one of those lessons that some people need to have something happen to learn, and some of those times innocent people get hurt or killed.
Next time, don't let him drive, throw his keys away, do anything, but don't let him drive, not for your sake, but for the poor person minding their own business who might get killed.

1,473 Posts
Re: drinking and driving good handling cars is not a good thing (polov8)

Yea.. im not sorry for your buddy either.. Think about if he killed someone.. and how that persons family would be turned upside down.. Your buddy should be serving some time in jail rather than in a detox.... and should never get a license again..
I bet "The Guy" In the back seat got the last laugh on that one....

Modified by 87_16v_85_8v_Scirocco at 5:12 PM 2-26-2006

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Re: (2.0-16v-scirocco)

Quote, originally posted by 2.0-16v-scirocco »
I know i am never going to get in the car with somone that is drunk ever again

You're 22, and you just figured that out?
All drunk drivers must DIE

·
Banned
4,709 Posts
Re: (GTiRacer53)

Quote, originally posted by GTiRacer53 »

Well thats not being very tolerant.

Maybe we should just send them all off to "worker camps"
....Arbeit macht Frei

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Re: (GTiRacer53)

Quote, originally posted by GTiRacer53 »

I TOTALLY agree,
Now firstly I don't like to see anyone get hurt or killed but I can honestly say i have NO sympathy for ANYONE who is STUPID enough to think it's a good idea to drink and get behind the wheel of a car... These F*CKS get NO SYMPATHY from me.
We have Taxis, we have feet, most of us have friends... obviously some of us don't have brains.
-Raffi

Modified by EUROROC at 1:32 AM 2-27-2006

·
Registered
921 Posts
Re: (EUROROC)

ok, i am totally against drinking and driving as well considering it has claimed the lives of a few people i know.
that being said, i was reading this article about some people that rented out a track, bought half a gallong of vodka and proceded to time laps after 1, 2 3...10 shots. they were riding 250 cc bikes, i can't remember what make/model. anyway, everyone had a faster laptime after one drink, but that was deemed to be from increased familiarity with the track, not because of the alcohol.
it just looked like so much freaking fun, and the only person getting hurt is the person doing it!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (kalvinlk)

the law here in NE is that you have to be under .08 I blew a .072. my buddy blew a .113. I drank exactly as much as he did. I was not feeling drunk, but i also did not want to drive. I figured he wasnt going to be an idiot, but i was wrong.

·
Registered
14,316 Posts
Re: (TeamTHP)

Quote, originally posted by TeamTHP »
Thats Odd. Why did they give you a test, even though you where a passanger?

I work with a guy who parties all the time (and doesn't drive) ....he and his buddies like to have a contest to see who can blow the highest BAC
they actually carry a breath-a-lizer with them..
no doubt Jim/// IB4TL

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Re: (TeamTHP)

Learned my lesson with that crap back in college. My family has a history of alcoholism (Irish and German, figure that out!!) and I indulged quite a bit in college. My senior year, I lived off campus and we started hanging out at a bar that was about 1/2 mile down the street from our apartment. A lot of times we would drive there and just amble our way back and pick up our cars the next day. Well, one night, I blacked out, and woke up in the bathtub of my apartment. Looked outside and my car was parked neatly in my usual spot. Absolutely no memory of driving back at all. Pretty scary. It does make a funny story though.
Since then I have significantly lessened my drinking habits. I have two or three beers, and I dont even think of driving if I have a drop more. That and I've had more than enough hangovers than I can count, and the older I get the worse they get. Not worth it!!!

Brendan
84 Scirocco 8v
00 Camaro L36 M49

IB4TL.

Modified by Lord_Verminaard at 3:23 AM 2-27-2006

1 - 20 of 30 Posts