VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had my car for a week, so I'm still really getting used to how it drives. In that time though, I've noticed something odd I thought I'd ask others about...
A few times now, when accelerating moderately (not hard enough to cause wheelspin) from a stop in first gear, the car will bog for just a moment. This happens after the clutch is engaged, so I don't think I'm stalling it. It's not a consistent thing - it only does it once in a while...
I've never had a car w/a DBW throttle before. Could what I'm experiencing be related to that? Anybody else have these kinds of drivability issues w/a stock 1.8T? Any TSBs? Known fixes? Or is this one of those "nature of the beast" things?
Thanks much,

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Re: Drivability Question... (sanchin)

The bog you reply might simply be your getting used to driving a turbo car. It may take some getting used to -- but I'd be willing to bet its just the turbo spool and you becoming familiar with the way the car feels.
If you want to feel it jump off the line, give it a bit more gas before you start to let the clutch out... and it will jump up into full-boost territory faster... enjoy the ride...

·
Registered
4,755 Posts

Do you have your ASR turned off...that will cut your fuel and engage your brakes..to stop wheelspin.
Turn it off and see if that works.

·
Registered
275 Posts

sounds like turbo lag and the ASR on. When I autocross, I turn the ASR off, and try to launch between 2500 and 3000 RPM. I also found out that if you short shift first, its seems easier to maintain the boost and accelerate better, but thats also in autocross and I don't want alot of wheel spin....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts