VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
4,116 Posts
Re: Driven: 2007 Volvo C30 T5 (Bixmen)

I don't think borrowing from the S40 is a bad thing, that's a good platform to begin with and the interior has a unique style that doesn't scream 'me too'. I'm curious what the curb weight will be on the shortened chassis.

· Banned
44 Posts
Re: Driven: 2007 Volvo C30 T5 (someguy123)

That is BEAUTIFUL, and evokes images of the old P1800 but it looks completely unique and does not reek of retroness..
Wow at 2900 it should be really nimble... Thank you Volvo you "get it" when it comes to reducing weight.

· Registered
1,613 Posts

Quote, originally posted by someguy123 »
I read somewhere(MT or R&T), it should be 2900lbs.

Does anyone have any idea about the weight distribution?
I'd be curious to see if it's fairly balanced or pretty nose heavy.

· Registered
4,116 Posts
Re: Driven: 2007 Volvo C30 T5 (job)

Quote, originally posted by job »

Does anyone have any idea about the weight distribution?
I'd be curious to see if it's fairly balanced or pretty nose heavy.

It's FWD, so it'll be nose heavy for the most part. But, if they keep the weight down and with the shortened chassis it should still be pretty nimble none the less. If the 'R' trim comes with AWD and more HP I could see this being an interesting car that is unique but doesn't force buyers to give up much in the performance department to be unique. Even in FWD form, 217 HP with torque in a 2900lb car is a nice pairing.

Modified by rudyr at 2:10 AM 11-27-2006

· Registered
2021 Black GLI Autobahn Manual
1,525 Posts

i think id get one of these over all the gti's si's srt-4's and ms3's of the world. nothing new about the T5 though, so that means its got an established aftermarket, but maybe a tad outdated. i hope the R version has that new i6 that's supposedly shorter than that 5banger it has.

· Registered
83 Posts
Re: Driven: 2007 Volvo C30 T5 (Bixmen)

Quote, originally posted by Bixmen »
Can't wait for this thing to come here!

My roomate works for volvo in Cali and brought one home for the weekend. It was realyl cool, get's a lot of looks and stares. Fun to drive and looks great, shame it was a turbo diesel in green with red interior and hub caps.
handled great too. but awhile before it si on sale here i think.

· Registered
1,946 Posts
Re: Driven: 2007 Volvo C30 T5 (cardesign05)

Quote, originally posted by cardesign05 »
it was a turbo diesel in green with red interior and hub caps

Green with red interior and hub caps?
That sounds like one puketastic color combo!

· Registered
6,206 Posts
Re: Driven: 2007 Volvo C30 T5 (cardesign05)

Still sounds like a Volvo. I'd probably pass and get something more fun to drive (like a Mini)...
Quote, originally posted by TCL First Drive »
The steering is a little numb, however, and the overall drive lacks that certain ‘X factor’ that makes the sporting Audi A3s, Golf GTI, MINI Cooper S and TT coupe so desirable.

· Registered
865 Posts
Re: Driven: 2007 Volvo C30 T5 (mikeeb777)

Quote, originally posted by mikeeb777 »
theres only 1 thing i dont like about this car --> the back end. Other than that http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
So true. Volvo sure likes that look, can't get on board with the lights running up to the roof.

· Registered
355 Posts

Quote, originally posted by someguy123 »
The info's from MT:
And they estimate the price to be around $23,000, instead of the $26,000 mentioned here.

I have never once found a brand new, new car as cheap as MT says they are. I'd trust the $26k price.
I love the front fascia, and the rest of the car for that matter. Can't wait till it gets here.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.