VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
16,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Like most markets, Audi Canada operates its own driving experience and, not surprisingly, the Canuck take includes lots of snow and ice. That it’s focus is Audi’s prowess on the slipper stuff is to be expected though when we were offered the chance to drive the company’s all-new Euro-only RS 3 Sportback we found its temporary presence in Canada quite unexpected. Eh?

Full Story

·
Registered
581 Posts
First of all, it's not fair that we don't get anything remotely this cool in the US. The fact that this car is in its last year makes it even more insane.

Secondly, I find it interesting that this car has the Sport Seats...no Recaro action? I think maybe only the two doors have Recaros for some reason?

Thirdly, who is going to make some of these parts available. I want:
1) Rear Spoiler
2) Leather covered Interior center console buttresses (unless they're more expensive than the Osir carbon ones)
3) Complete body shell, drive-train and chassis. :D

Lastly, this car epitomizes why I love Germans and the cars they build. The only cars that come close in their pure insanity are:
GT-R (let's face it, this car can't be profitable)
CTS-V Coupe and the SRT-8 Cherokee (insane)
Various hi-spec V8 powered Aussie Holdens and Fords (mad)

All praise quattro gmbh!

·
Registered
16,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First of all, it's not fair that we don't get anything remotely this cool in the US. The fact that this car is in its last year makes it even more insane.

Secondly, I find it interesting that this car has the Sport Seats...no Recaro action? I think maybe only the two doors have Recaros for some reason?

Thirdly, who is going to make some of these parts available. I want:
1) Rear Spoiler
2) Leather covered Interior center console buttresses (unless they're more expensive than the Osir carbon ones)
3) Complete body shell, drive-train and chassis. :D

Lastly, this car epitomizes why I love Germans and the cars they build. The only cars that come close in their pure insanity are:
GT-R (let's face it, this car can't be profitable)
CTS-V Coupe and the SRT-8 Cherokee (insane)
Various hi-spec V8 powered Aussie Holdens and Fords (mad)

All praise quattro gmbh!
Read the piece. It is being considered for USA. That doesn't mean it's been confirmed but the fact that it's being considered is welcome news to me.

·
Registered
581 Posts
also the car does come with rs3 recaro seats with red stiching
I just got the new issue of Top Gear magazine and the press car has the Recaros... It's freaking perfect! I'd pony up $50k. The motor reminds me of my 2006 Volvo V70R but in a car that's 400lbs lighter and with a superior tranny. I loved the Volvo's snarl...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Thanks George. Must have been nice to get in the rs3 and ttrs back to back.

I'm suspect that we will see this car since we'd also likely get the s3 at that point as well. Maybe I am just a bit jaded. But I'd love to see it come here and i think at those performance specs you might find a few buyers. I'd have to give it a hard look for sure. The facelift a3 is doing really well here in the ba area. They are everywhere so i wouldn't be surprised to see them milking the 8p a little longer but I didn't think they would keep 2 runs in production at the same time.

In any event, thanks again. Should have liberated her to the USA,

·
Registered
511 Posts
HOT DAMN!!! I want this car. At first I was pretty stoked on the TTRS, but needs will be eventually changing so a five door would be optimal. Plus it's 5 cyl with decent mileage, DSG, high fun factor! I want this car. I hope audi brings it over!!! 7 Speed DSG please. Makes sense since the TTRS will be the manual choice.

I also would take a manual, but it wouldn't be as perfect for awful traffic. I can't wait to see an announcement on this ride. The sooner the better! George you're a lucky dude.

·
Registered
6,604 Posts
From the article:

And while kit is nice and all, the real story here is aboot the engine.
-You can tell that it was in Canada, eh?

:biggrinsanta:

·
Registered
496 Posts
First of all, it's not fair that we don't get anything remotely this cool in the US.
Read the piece. It is being considered for USA. That doesn't mean it's been confirmed but the fact that it's being considered is welcome news to me.
Plus, we are getting the TT-RS, so it's not like we're totally left out in the cold. Personally, I'd love to see this car here (as it would be a lot easier to sell my wife on something like this than a TT when we have a little guy in a car seat to deal with), but we'll have to just wait and see!

-Tim

·
Registered
16,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks George. Must have been nice to get in the rs3 and ttrs back to back.

I'm suspect that we will see this car since we'd also likely get the s3 at that point as well.
I doubt the S3 will happen. If RS 3 does happen it'll be a parting shot. Plus, S3 would be effectively the same drivetrain as Golf R and I'm not sure that'd be a smart move.

·
Registered
16,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HOT DAMN!!! I want this car. At first I was pretty stoked on the TTRS, but needs will be eventually changing so a five door would be optimal. Plus it's 5 cyl with decent mileage, DSG, high fun factor! I want this car. I hope audi brings it over!!! 7 Speed DSG please. Makes sense since the TTRS will be the manual choice.
This is a question of economies of scale. TT RS with MT6 is already federalized. I5 wiht 7-speed DSG is not. If it comes it will likely be MT6.

1 - 20 of 254 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.