VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Geriatric Member
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Like most markets, Audi Canada operates its own driving experience and, not surprisingly, the Canuck take includes lots of snow and ice. That it’s focus is Audi’s prowess on the slipper stuff is to be expected though when we were offered the chance to drive the company’s all-new Euro-only RS 3 Sportback we found its temporary presence in Canada quite unexpected. Eh?

Fascination quattro is technically the name of this year’s Canadian winter driving program based near Quebec’s Mont Tremblant and less than an hour’s drive from Montreal. Produced by Audi Canada, participation in the program is open to customers from other countries (namely the USA). Also, it should be clarified that the RS 3 is not part of their usual consumer program that normally includes the Audis S4, S5, Q5, Q7 and A8.

Full Story After Jump

Photo Gallery

·
Millennial
25,177 Posts
Interesting.

I guess it would make sense to by-pass the S3 and just bring the RS3 here with the news that the Golf R is coming.

Here's to hoping AoA cheaps out and brings a North American spec with an already-federalized manual :laugh:

·
Registered
23,422 Posts
I am one of the few people here who could buy a car like this, without much effort or sacrifice. Yet, I am not sure it fills any glaring void. On the ~2-seater side, I would likely buy the Cayman over the TT-S, and perhaps even over the TT RS. Thing is, if you don't track these cars, anything over ~250hp/3,000lbs begs opportunities to show off or have fun while driving safely.

I'd probably buy a TT RS or even S4 over this - even though I have never bought a sedan. And a Golf R over all of them. Thing is, for those not tracking their cars, the old VW/Audi formula (great function and design at a given, useful power-to-weight-ratio) worked quite well. Now, I am not so sure, any longer.

In other words, it's a steep price to ask for compared to other very functional, fast cars or other smallish, great-handling cars. Is there a market in the US for this particular form factor, at a rather steep price? :confused:

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Probably won't be able to afford it until it's eligible for antique plates in Virginia. Literally.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Count me in as one more in the couldn't handle/couldn't justify the sticker price, especially when compared to a Golf R or other competitors that would offer 9/10ths the performance for significantly less money.

That being said, I will assuredly become inappropriate the first time I see one on the road (if ever).

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
Count me in as one more in the couldn't handle/couldn't justify the sticker price, especially when compared to a Golf R or other competitors that would offer 9/10ths the performance for significantly less money.

That being said, I will assuredly become inappropriate the first time I see one on the road (if ever).
yes you will ;). The fact that its an RS at a somewhat affordable price is the most exciting part. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.