VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Emily atkinson

Hi, wondering if you could advise me......? I have a vw Passat 07 reg, the drivers side rear door will not open from inside or out. So the door is permently locked. The door handle on the outside has lost some tension in it and I am trying to access the lock externally to see if the wire has snapped or dislodged. Do you have any advice???? I'm really struggling as door permently shut :mad: .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Drivers Door Wont Unlock Outside

Unbelievable - The power of the Internet and Forums like this. I laughed when someone replied to a post in 2006 with same problem as I have in 2015. Tried slamming the door - IT WORKED. How much has that saved me!:p

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I had this problem when I got my Passat last year. After a couple months I got tired of not having the door open every time, followed by the slamming. I replaced the cable that goes from the handle to lock. It was a semi-PITA, but I've had no issues since.

·
Registered
20 Posts
B6 has an electrical actuator in the lock....and they seem to start failing intermittently (won't release). Slamming door can let it released....but is not a solution.
This failure can be mistaken for broken, or disconnected door handle bowden cable (as pulling the door feels very light, as if cable is disconnected)
But it is not (door handle bowden cable is well seated into lock lever, it will not drop out or get broken).

Lock can not be repaired....and if it even was, it is so much hassle to replace that it is better to put "new" one.
"New" means get from German ebay set of locks from some young crushed golf/passat/....For us in Europe, the most cost effective option.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know if anyone needs to know this but if you hold the unlock button on the key fob for a few seconds it opens the front windows so no need to get in through the back seat. Hope it helps

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
I don't know if anyone needs to know this but if you hold the unlock button on the key fob for a few seconds it opens the front windows so no need to get in through the back seat. Hope it helps
Unfortunately in the US this feature was disabled by default; you'd either need to have the dealer enable it or do it yourself with VCDS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thankyou for the solution to my newest complaint about my new used 07 passat. Drivers door wouldn't open from outside read solutions n sure as **** wala door opens! Another thing that's been hella annoying is none of the doors could be opened by passengers and so many times yanked my chain cause I'd always forget especially when arms are full etc. While looking for solution that I great fully found on here to just slam doors i read where someone said to hold down the lock button on fob to make drivers side window to come down after doing so with no luck on having window come down but all of a sudden all the doors are now opening without me having to unlock them everytime. I dought slamming drivers side door would fix all the doors? So if ya have to unlock the doors b4 anyone can get in try holding down the unlock button on the fob for a lil while. Goodluck! Oh ya I've got an 07 passat turbo wagon with 115xxx miles for sale for $2,000 dollars cash. Im in S. Oregon. Hmu [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh my god. I can't believe this worked. I was on the verge of taking apart my door.(2006 Passat wagon) Thankful a stripped screw stopped me and then I found this forum. One door slam and the handle works. Life saver

·
Registered
1 Posts
Haha this same thing has happened to me a few times and I'm not sure but every once in awhile the driver's door will not unlock from the outside and I've had to get into my car by opening the rear driver's side door and unlock my door from the inside... which just looks damn goofy. A few slams of the door later and it subsequently resolved itself... :screwy:
Hold the open button on the fob put your windows down!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a 1 owner B6 Passat that has 220,000kms. Upon checking all the paper work, I can see the previous owner has had this issue on many occasions on three doors over two years. New latches have not been installed. I assume the shop has been ''adjusting'' the cable or whatever every time. My question is ; Is there a more permanent fix to this? instead of slamming the doors. FYI currently driver door and front passenger door won't open from the outside.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts

doing this soon pics of regulator pulled from junk yard. On my door someone attempted to fix door and stripped both e5 bolts and triple square that hold latch. So this might-be fun!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts