VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, my drivers side power window went out and would not roll all the way up. At first, I thought it was the window that broke.. But it was fine. When i try and roll the window up, it rolls down, when I try and roll it down , it rolls partially up..
Any Ideas what is going on?
It is on a 97 glx.
George

· Registered
8,391 Posts
Re: Drivers power window went out? (GeoGlxn)

Welcome to the wonderful world of power window regulators. It's a bout a $180 part from the dealer. it is only 5 bolts holding the whole assembly in but it can be a PITA to get at.
If this is your first, expect 3 more.

G

·
Re: Drivers power window went out? (Spd33)

find it in the classifieds for like $100. go in the door panel with no fear and fix it yourself in 45 minutes.. and a few scraped knuckles.
it's not fun, but it feels good when it's done.

· Registered
924 Posts
Re: Drivers power window went out? (Mark1)

:-D
I think Impex has them for fairly inexpensive, they are usually around $160 from the dealer, unless you get a dealer that is willing/able to get you the hookup (I've bought two rear regulators from the dealer for $60 each)
-- Whol

· Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Drivers power window went out? (Wholsea)

Thanks for all the help guys... I heard about the *notorious* power window regulator.. But *thought* it would never happen to me.
I have 105k on the clock.. and this is the first sign of any electrical problems.
There is a dealer around the corner from where I work.. We deliver to them.. so hopefully they will gemme a hook up!
George

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.