VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmm.. well i noticed since i got the car that the driver's side caliper was ..orange, like rust so just the other day i pulled the wheel off and took a drill with a wire brush bit and just cleaned it.. came right off and was sorta polished.. so i put the wheel back on and then a few days later it came back.. i have no i dea what this is, i dought its brake dust cause all the pads are the same and its only the driver's side thats doing it. ohyea.. the reservoir apparently exploded and made everything on the driver's side of the engine bay orange.. but this was before i got the car and i cleaned all that out. but i dont konw that it has anytyhing to do with it.

· Registered
1,847 Posts
after you polish any hard metal (i.e. cast iron...steel...stainless steel) you must coat it with something. primer...clearcoat...paint...etc... but now also keep in mind that this caliper will get vdery hot in its lifetime so high temp stuff will be most beneficial to you. high temp spraypaint is good. please dont paint them yellow or whatnot. i would paint them black or really dark grey.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.