VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled out the CCR to sweep up all the crap from the winter that collected in the garage, and for whatever dumb ass reason I pulled straight out onto the street.:facepalm: Needless to say I heard that ugly scraping sound coming from the front of the car. I instantly became nauseous.

I pulled her back in and thankfully nothing is cracked or damaged expect the rash underneath the front spoiler. You can't see it unless you are looking from under the car, but I know it's there. Maybe I'm being dramatic, but I f-ing love this car and I just felt like I've soiled her. Ahh well, could be worse I guess. :(

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I just pulled out the CCR to sweep up all the crap from the winter that collected in the garage, and for whatever dumb ass reason I pulled straight out onto the street.:facepalm: Needless to say I heard that ugly scraping sound coming from the front of the car. I instantly became nauseous.

I pulled her back in and thankfully nothing is cracked or damaged expect the rash underneath the front spoiler. You can't see it unless you are looking from under the car, but I know it's there. Maybe I'm being dramatic, but I f-ing love this car and I just felt like I've soiled her. Ahh well, could be worse I guess. :(
:(

·
Registered
9 Posts
its an awful feeling. had my CC about 3 weeks back in December when i was driving thru the brooklyn battery tunnel. i ended up hitting those flexible lane divider sticks with the underside of my passenger mirror. most of it buffed out, but still there if you look with a critical eye. :facepalm:

at least yours is under the car lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine had a few small ones under also when I got it from dealer. Its under so a little touch up and you cant tell. It happens easy on our long nose cars.
its an awful feeling. had my CC about 3 weeks back in December when i was driving thru the brooklyn battery tunnel. i ended up hitting those flexible lane divider sticks with the underside of my passenger mirror. most of it buffed out, but still there if you look with a critical eye. :facepalm:

at least yours is under the car lol
Imagine if your cc is lowered. Mine scraps all the time:(
I've had it for 18 days, so it's still brand spankin' new to me. The only positive thing I can take from it, like Knick said, is it's under the car. And rdm, I can't imagine hearing the sound as much as you do. It's sickening, and the main reason why I don't think I'll ever lower it. I live in a subdivision, so we have that damn curved lip to our driveways here.

Looks like I need to mod the grill black to get my mind off of it. LOL.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1st scratch! Got it over with and.....it's underneath the car!
I was gonna lower mine but now I may be having second thoughts.
Yeah, one and done hopefully. Ride height is fine for me. I've never had anything other than stock suspension before so I don't know what I'm missing. I've always thought about it, just never done it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Pffft I think the CC is great with angles. My Acura CL scraped front AND back all the dang time. One specific spot near my office got me every time. Haven't touched it once in the CC. What's weird is the CC looks lower overall - so I guess good job VW.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have an R Line and I'm lowered but I've been careful to the point of obsession, I've yet to scrape on anything. At least you can't see it. I always gauge an incline every time I see one and either go down at an angle really slow or find another route.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I have an R Line and I'm lowered but I've been careful to the point of obsession, I've yet to scrape on anything. At least you can't see it. I always gauge an incline every time I see one and either go down at an angle really slow or find another route.
This Monday I'm slammin my CC on Koni Coils. All the way down in the rear and about 3-4 threads left on the front. I'm in Chicago where streets suck, but to be honest my driveway, daily commute, the gym and my bank....places I visit frequently are not on steep entrances or anything so I figure I'll be fine.

As for the OP, sorry man. I bottomed out really bad on the highway once in my last car. There was a dip and I was going about 75mph and my transmission fluid pan got cracked. That sucked......:banghead:

Be glad that it's under the car, us car guys know what you're going through. No one else would notice it but us, but you need to look at the bright side. You've gotten this little nightmare over with. Lower the car and don't worry about the bumper. The lower it is the harder it will be to look under the car :laugh:

Hope that made you feel better. :beer:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
thats why i went with bags haha

sunday i realized that my door had two little nicks that went down to the metal. dont know how i got it but it mad :banghead::banghead:
What's sad is that we always find these things when were cleaning the car trying to make it pretty. It's such a ***** to find scratches or dings.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Speaking of first incidents to the CC, just last week I pulled out of the garage and swerved slightly to avoid my snowblower and caught the extreme outer edge of my driver side mirror on the garage door rail and cracked the black outer edge plastic collar surrounding the mirror. My wife tried to super glue it together and did a pretty good job and said it could have been much worse. I know it could be but it sucks, 'cause face it, you look at that mirror an awful lot.
Going to check out the dealership to see if that is a part that can be replaced or not. Hopefully not the whole mirror as that's about $300 from what I read here.

Mad at myself for not paying attention!:mad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.