VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Definately a very noticeable improvement in mid-range power. Can definately get rolling in 2nd and 3rd. I also test drove a RSX Type S and was not at all impressed. The car was loud as all hell, did not feel as quick or peppy as the 1.8 and just dissapointed in all areas except for handling which was incredible. Couldn't even feel the VTEC kick in, which may be a good thing, but never got any kind of "ram your back in the seat" power. The Acura salesman said that because of the location of reverse next to 6th and the short gear ratios, someone shifted into reverse at 65MPH on accident with him in the car and completely blew the engine. He said there was a slick of fluids 3 feet wide trailing behing the car. Now I know why reverse is where it is on VWs. Liked both cars alot but was hoping for more from the 200HP RSX. Those things are LOUD. Felt like I was overworking the engine even at low RPMs.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.