VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I just drove it just a few miles to another facility, but it was a blast. The company I work for builds these things. The car rocks, and must be seen on the road to be appreciated. Unfortunately, the rev-limiter kicked in around 4000, but didn't matter on 45mph-limited zones where I was driving. Very solid, always kept you aware of the potential fury beneath the bonnet. Best seen at dawn with all lights on.

If pics don't work, go to:
http://saabpics.nailed.org/pictures/saaboo

·
Registered
9,757 Posts
Re: Drove a Shelby Series 1 today (SurlyD)

quote:[HR][/HR]I understand the carroll shelby is an american icon and his cars are legendary, but isn't this car a p.o.s? over priced and underperforming? (flame suit)[HR][/HR]​
That seems to be the consensus with everything I have read....one guy on the VCA board has buddy with a Series 1 and isn't impressed at all with it (take that for what its worth).

[Modified by Beltfed, 9:45 PM 4-11-2002]

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Re: Drove a Shelby Series 1 today (Beltfed)

quote:[HR][/HR]I understand the carroll shelby is an american icon and his cars are legendary, but isn't this car a p.o.s? over priced and underperforming? (flame suit)
That seems to be the consensus with everything I have read....one guy on the VCA board has buddy with a Series 1 and isn't impressed at all with it (take that for what its worth).[HR][/HR]​
It's so cool having you around. You actually have first hand experience with fast cars.
Anywho, I don't really like the shape of the Series 1, the rear-end just looks so clutered. But if you gave it to me, I would most definately keep it for a while.
saaboo, you bass turd.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.