VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow enthusiasts,

I apologize for starting this so far into my build, I probably should have started documenting my progress earlier on!

So, I picked up the car from a dealer in South Carolina (I live in Michigan) on August 15th 2015. I placed a deposit on the car at two Michigan dealers back in March '15 but as I later learned neither dealer was slated to receive any .:Rs for many months, and the ones they were getting weren't in my color choice. So I did the only logical thing to do, I opted to start fishing around the country! After two weeks of calling every dealer for 1000 miles I stumbled across my perfect match, a '16 Lapiz Blue .:R, Manual Transmission with DCC that was yet unspoken for! I placed my deposit over the phone site unseen (car was still wrapped and hadn't been PDI'd yet) burned my Delta Skymiles and flew out the same day. The dealer was nice enough to pick me up at the local airport after business hours and bring a handful of staff back in to help me sign all the paperwork and hit the road in short order. 750 Miles later my new baby had arrived home!

Completed:

Sitting in garage awaiting install:
  • APR/Brembo BBK
  • 034 22mm Solid Rear Sway
  • 034 Rear Sway Spherical End Links
  • 034 Rear Subframe Inserts

Planned:

Consideration:
  • Nothing new to see here.... What else should I be considering?!

Most Recent:

Older Photos:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The wheels are VWR V710FF in Matte Graphite (currently the only color they offer). It's a very nice matte finish and the quality is excellent!

It's my understanding that yes you could swap the center caps on their production V710FFs. Mine however were cut from blanks because they had no production models in stock yet, so on mine specifically, no, I cannot swap center caps!

Victor from VWR can speak more to that, I'll ask him to post something here.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
The wheels are VWR V710FF in Matte Graphite (currently the only color they offer). It's a very nice matte finish and the quality is excellent!

It's my understanding that yes you could swap the center caps on their production V710FFs. Mine however were cut from blanks because they had no production models in stock yet, so on mine specifically, no, I cannot swap center caps!

Victor from VWR can speak more to that, I'll ask him to post something here.
Let me know what you find out. Ordering these exact wheels when I get my car. What size did you get? 8.5 +45?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Looks sharp!

As an aside I like the patio, seems like it would be a pleasant place to relax in the evenings.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks sharp!

As an aside I like the patio, seems like it would be a pleasant place to relax in the evenings.
My wife and I spend our mornings every weekend doing the "old" person thing sitting on the front patio chatting, reading the news, drinking coffee, waving to neighbors, etc. and we love every minute of it :)

·
Vendor
11,790 Posts
:wave:

great build, LOVE the look (license plate:thumbup:) thank you again for your support sir, it was a pleasure! should you need anything else please do not hesitate to contact me. if you have any additional pictures, send any and all my way :D

Let me know what you find out. Ordering these exact wheels when I get my car. What size did you get? 8.5 +45?
Noob question. Can you swap the center cap on wheels like this with the VW emblem?
19x8.5 ET45 is correct :) Unfortunately OEM VW caps are not compatible with any wheels from our flow formed line at this time (including the V710FF). I've had customers create custom caps and can provide the dimensions. if anyone is interested feel free to shoot me a PM or email [email protected] :peace:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
:wave:

great build, LOVE the look (license plate:thumbup:) thank you again for your support sir, it was a pleasure! should you need anything else please do not hesitate to contact me. if you have any additional pictures, send any and all my way :D

19x8.5 ET45 is correct :) Unfortunately OEM VW caps are not compatible with any wheels from our flow formed line at this time (including the V710FF). I've had customers create custom caps and can provide the dimensions. if anyone is interested feel free to shoot me a PM or email [email protected] :peace:
Do you know how they did it? I would like the dimensions

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Need shots of the roof! Love those wheels with the LBM.

j

1 - 20 of 59 Posts