VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 jsw tdi
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome!!! Thank you!!! It’ll be here tomorrow!!! I’ll post a picture. Do you know if anybody makes a different boot with orange stitching? What did you mean do it yourself for $5? Cuz that was $24.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Awesome!!! Thank you!!! It’ll be here tomorrow!!! I’ll post a picture. Do you know if anybody makes a different boot with orange stitching? What did you mean do it yourself for $5? Cuz that was $24.
You can get a square of the carbon fiber look material and cut it to shape if your handy and so inclined or on a tight budget.

·
Registered
2012 jsw tdi
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh screw that lol. My ocd is good but not that good, as you can see in the picture at the bottom of the shifter. Amazon had a good used for $12 bucks so I got that one. It was still good just out of the bag inside the box it came in.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2009 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited
2,990 Posts
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
2,990 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
The one I had came with an install kit. Had some zip ties and double-sided tape. Try the ol' YouTube for some help.

·
Registered
2012 jsw tdi
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine didn’t come with anything, just the shifter boot as previously pictured. I have the shifter knob off and separated from the base of the gear shifter selector. How does the shifter head detach from the leather boot?
Hand Gear shift Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

1 - 11 of 11 Posts