VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this unit new in late September, 2020 from a VW dealer to install in a 2006 Jetta TDI DSG with nearly 200k miles that had a control valve short (Code 18227). I removed the transmission as I had also planned to replace the clutch pack due to excessive clutch tempurature (Code 18148), which likely indicated slippage. I did install the new mechatronic unit, but upon disassembly to replace the clutch pack, I discovered that the locking cover had seperated due to a snap ring failure, so the clutch pack was not installed in the transmission and the new mechatronic unit was removed. The transmission was not reinstalled/operated with either the mechatronic nor the clutch pack. Instead, I opted to purchase a remanufactured transmission from my local VW dealer, which has been installed and is operating normally. The clutch pack was returned for a full credit but the mechatronic unit was not returnable. I also have a new speed/temperature sensor that was installed with the new mechatronic unit, but likewise was never put to use and removed. My cost was $1050 delivered so I am selling here for $850 delivered CONUS including the new speed/temperature sensor. Thanks, Mike ([email protected]).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.