VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2013 jetta tdi with a six speed DSG transmission. Starts fine, drives and shift fine until about 20 min later my transmission will downshift into 1st gear and I get a flashing D and wrench on dash. After I have pull over and turn car off and restart will it allow me to continue to drive as normal. However sometimes this takes 10-15 min of turning off and on again.

·
Registered
9,830 Posts
Have you had the car scanned for codes?

·
Registered
9,830 Posts
Can you post the code numbers you are getting?

·
Registered
9,830 Posts

·
Registered
9,830 Posts
When was the fluid last changed?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been scouring the internet for information on my problem and haven’t came across a single situation like mine. I took my car the local dealership to have it scanned. They came back with only one option, replace the entire transmission. 7,000$. It’s very hard for me to believe the transmission needs completely replaced. I don’t have any shifting problems other than the intermittent problem mentioned above. I don’t smell anything burning, I don’t get any unusual noises from transmission. I didn’t have any fragments in my DSG oil sample. I know the DSG oil and filter need replaced and will start there. I’m just not interested in spending any more money on this car if it really does need a whole new transmission. Thanks for all help in this matter.

·
Registered
9,830 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On a side note right before my transmission acted up I also got these codes but a complete battery replacement seamed to fix them and have not come back. Any relation to tranny?
P06c5-cylinder 1 glow plug incorrect
P06c6-cylinder 2 glow plug incorrect
P068a-ecm/pcm power relay de-energized performance too early
P064c-glow plug control module

·
Registered
28 Posts
You can do the flush yourself. Cost is the fluid and filter kit. You need the right rachet attachments for the drain plug and inner plastic tube. You can buy the funnel with a plastic tube coming down from the measuring container. It fits directly into the dsg filter housing in engine bay. Look up a YouTube video and find the one where they use this funnel. This can take some since tou have to pour the fluid down a 3mm hole but if you heat up fluid by leaving outside or in hotwater itll be fast. I did this myself at home during the winter outside over the course of s couple hours, so anybody can do it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the reply’s. I’m wondering how difficult it would be to just rebuild the transmission myself. I’m pretty handy mechanically and learn quick especially if it saves me money.

·
Registered
9,830 Posts
Have you determined it needs rebuilt? And I guess the other question is what do you mean by "rebuilt"? Fully depends on what is wrong with it if it needs more than a fluid change. Have you done that yet?

·
Registered
28 Posts
This doesnt sounds mechanical. I would bring it in to vw have em scan it. But you should really do the filter and fluid or itll wear down your clutch packs. The interval is every 40k miles.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts