VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing these SUPER cheap on ebay.
Just wondering why.
They seem to be about the perfect size for the setup I am putting together. (k26/audi 5k mani, wastegate cut and welded/audi 5k intercooler/1g dsm bov going on a counterflow 8v with g60 internals)
Planning on running 10-13ish lbs boost.
Any reason not to buy?

·
Registered
8,674 Posts
Re: DSM 450cc injectors? (passatG60)

Quote, originally posted by passatG60 »
they are low impedence injectors and the top part will not fit onto your fuel rail. Won't work

I can speak on this, I ran them in my stock ABA fuel rail with no issues. You have to mod it a bit, but it is no big deal. I know of at least three other guys running them in town on their ABA turbos with no issues at all.
The reason they are so cheap on ebay are that to the DSM guys, they are useless
. When they upgrade, they practically throw them away because they think that no one would want them due to the fact that they are too small...for a DSM. On my setup (SDS) I had a max duty cycle of 56% with 191whp

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: DSM 450cc injectors? (B4S)

I'm assuming you just have to take a bit of material out of the rail to get them to slide in. I had to do this with some Mazda injectors to get them to fit right.
Sweet...., just what my cheap a$$ wanted to hear..

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Re: (scandalous)

Unless you have the flyback board you might burn out the injector driver on the MS. I think the cut off is 2.5ohm. Under that and you need the flyback board or resistors. IIRC, the 450s are 2.3 (check yours) I just wired up some 10w 8ohm resistors inline and everything works fine. Oneday, I will get the flyback board and just use the PWC.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (plohip)

Quote, originally posted by plohip »
Unless you have the flyback board you might burn out the injector driver on the MS. I think the cut off is 2.5ohm. Under that and you need the flyback board or resistors. IIRC, the 450s are 2.3 (check yours) I just wired up some 10w 8ohm resistors inline and everything works fine. Oneday, I will get the flyback board and just use the PWC.

Definately gonna get the flyback board.. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Will definately check that link...

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Re: (reflexbug)

Bringing this topic back from the dead - I want to run the DSM injectors on my Megasquirt, but how do I secure the injectors to the fuel rail?
There is no indent on the tops of the injectors to clip them to the fuel rail.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.