VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 (or 04) jette 1.8T 5spd. Nothing done to the car except for an exhaust. Friend calls me last night, says one minute he's making boost, the next...nothing. Has a CEL on right now and the generic code he was able to get from it was
P0177 Fuel Composition Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

WTF is this all about? I've never heard of this code before??
I didn't have it in the Bentley for the audi A4, and I no longer have my manual for my MK4.
Anyone got any ideas??? I don't know where to start!

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Re: DTC question for a friend of mine. ??????? (GlfSprtCT1)

i did some looking in my mk4 bentley paper book and cd and that code does not exist for vw's.what kind of scan tool did he use?i would say find someone with a vagcom and recheck the code.i had similar issues in the past with a snap-on scan tool and it was totally off on the code and meanings.
as for boosting then not boosting,sounds like a limp mode.whether hard or soft limp depends on if the boost came back by itself or after the code clearing.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: DTC question for a friend of mine. ??????? (got_boost)

boost came back on it's own after a couple minutes he says.
One minute..nothing..next minute..10psi again. I figured maybe something with a shot DV....

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Re: DTC question for a friend of mine. ??????? (GlfSprtCT1)

ok that would be a soft limp then,most likely it has to do with that code thats stored on the ecu,which is obviously not p0177 unless bentley left that one out of their literature.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: DTC question for a friend of mine. ??????? (got_boost)

I google searched and found a list of general OBD2 Diag. codes. I found it in the list , but no where near the VW/Audi manual. Hmm...I'm curious now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.