VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm new here and you guys probably covered this ages ago. But if you wouldn't mind I could use a little info about converting my Jetta GLX to the Dual round headlights. Fisrt of all, some guy from rocky mountain motorworks told me that the dual round headlight conversion wouldn't work without a different radiator because they were designed for the Euro cars not the American and it might run too hot otherwise. Any one know anything about this? I've never heard it before and I know a few of you have made this conversion. Also, any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
J

·
Registered
22,821 Posts
Re: Dual rounds on jetta (melvin1313)

Dual Rounds....
Easy as 1,2,3
Golf hood, Golf Grille, and the dual rounds...That's it. Minor trimming needed to fit in but no need for a euro radiator or anything. If you go with an e-code product you need a Euro radiator SUPPORT, not the radiator.

·
Banned
5,295 Posts
Re: Dual rounds on jetta (Ghetto-8v)

yup ...thats all you need.. here is my setup... im going to use a jetta hood with a jetta hood grille spoiler.. with a golf bonrath grille and hella dual rounds..... without the grille spoiler... you need the golf hood to cover the gap... but with the grille spoiler you can see how it looks
there are quite a few options when it comes to lights/grille/hood combos
vento/jetta grille spoiler w/jetta hood

·
Registered
11,503 Posts
Re: Dual rounds on jetta (JettaMkIII)

You can do the grill spoiler trick, or swap to a Golf hgood and grill. The euro rad support (not radiator....) is the perfect way to do it, but you can do it with a kit made to work on a NA spec radiator support from http://www.parts4vws.com 99.99% of the cars here have the NA spe radiator support and it works just fine....welcome to the Vortex where there is a ton of info, you just need to weed through it and make your own call.....

Sean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.