VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Cabriolet, 2004 VW Golf TDI
1,371 Posts
This has been done many times, and I suspect a search will return much reading material. The 8V & MK1 forums might be good places to look, as well.

As a side note, after you rip your EFI out, I will gladly buy any Digifant 2 components that you might have in good condition.

Good luck.

·
Registered
9,453 Posts
There is no way to beat around this bush.

Swapping out EFI for carburetors is not ideal. It's even worst if you ask how it's done. Obviously we do not know all the circumstances on why you think it's a good idea but I would think twice about doing this. Even if you did, then who is going to tune it? The average auto repair shop will not take this job on and those that would I can only think would charge you by the hour at best.

What are you going to do with the exhaust? It came with a catalyst and it needs a lambda system to keep the catalyst. What about all the other emissions equipment?

Sounds like you are over your head on this one. Maybe what you can do is let us know what you have done and what part suppliers you are going to use.

BTW, I had a Rabbit Mk1 Rabbit [factory carburetor] and swapped it out to dual DCOE's. It was a fun car but certainly not worth the weekly tuning to keep it running top notch. At one time, I bought a parts car [CIS] so I could get rid of the carburetors. Sadly, life happened and that project is long gone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.