VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ol...oduct

Well what do you guys think???Good value??? Decent quality??? I have got no audio mods other than a Pioneer radio. I listened to it at the store and it sounded good but theyve got a nice amp, and acoustic setup in the area where it is displayed, so anything will sound good there.
My other question is what type of amp, something not too expensive but by a respectable manufacturer, would work well here. I was instructed by a friend that a crossover works best??? and at least 300 watts, your opinions???

·
Registered
88 Posts
personally i would never own anything that best buy sells as far as car audio goes... but then again i have standards
save a little more cash, do it right. you'll thank yourself later. jl audio, boston acoustics, alpine, and several others make a great sub for decent price

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Re: (clean01)

Quote, originally posted by clean01 »
personally i would never own anything that best buy sells as far as car audio goes... but then again i have standards
save a little more cash, do it right. you'll thank yourself later. jl audio, boston acoustics, alpine, and several others make a great sub for decent price

for your info best buy will be carrying alpine starting march. they also have pioneer and rockford fosgate.
as far as the dual box DO NOT buy it unless you get the service plan. they come back all the time blown. if you really want an opinion go with something a little better (rockford.) a little more money but worth it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
for your info, the only alpine piece i would even consider is the D300 with the pxah701 processor. nothing else they make really catches my fancy... i considered a 9835 until i made a direct comparison to my older eclipse deck. the eclipse blows the alpines out of the water. pioneer and rockford fosgate are two names that i will never own. the quality of both seems to be lacking imo. not as bad as boss, sony, etc... but still not anything i would be proud of owning. better can be bought for the money.
a boston acoustics G2 10 is 149 a piece, MSRP. one or a pair of those would blow your mind... in it's price class i seriously doubt there is a better sub on the market.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
For $150, don't expect much. Sure, you get a whole box and two speakers. I would just be concerned about the sound quality and durability. I seriously don't think that thing can handle 1100 watts of true power.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (DJKeebler)

Well thanks for all the input everyone. I had some of the same concerns you all mentioned and now I am thinking of building an enclosed box myself.
I want to go with a Blaupunkt PA2100, PA2150, or PCA2100. (Still trying to figure out the difference between the PA2100 and PCA2100 outside of the way it looks)
My other dilemna is whether to go with this and the amp:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...&rd=1
or find another empty box and take advatage of this deal:
http://www.cardomain.com/item/BLASP01COMBO

A lot of selection when it comes to these subs

but basically its AUDIOBAHN VS BLAUPUNKT thanks for any advice in advance!

Modified by B4 VDub Guy at 4:02 AM 12-16-2004

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (B4 VDub Guy)

BTW- If you still think I am in the wrong direction, recommend something. I am essentially trying to put together a decent system with 2 subs, an amp, and an enclosed bandpass box, for no more tan $250.

Modified by B4 VDub Guy at 5:04 AM 12-16-2004

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
I'd go with the Audiobahn box over the first one you listed. They have been around for some time and while they may not be much higher up in the chain than say Pyramid, you should get some decent sound from that box. And for $95 plus shipping, I'd say that's a deal. Wood and supplies alone to build your own enclosure will cost probably $40-50.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ya but everything u just said is wrong and they sell every company that u just mentioned... Even jl audios big amps and subs.... So u are unintelligent

·
Registered
1988 Scirocco 16v (Wilda); '02 Passat 1.8T wagon (The Brick); '09 Jetta Sportwagon (wifemobile);
4,460 Posts
Ya but everything u just said is wrong and they sell every company that u just mentioned... Even jl audios big amps and subs.... So u are unintelligent
I don't think that he cares. Thread is from 2004; clean01 doesn't look to have been here since 2005.
A lot has changed in the last 16 years, too...... ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts