VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

FORGET TO PRE-REGISTER? ONE LAST CHANCE!!!
SoCal R32 has a few spots still available for late comers... email me (euge.lee at gmail.com) for more info!!!
SoCal R32 @ DUBFEST, this Sunday!!!
Well, an army of R32s will once again make it's presence known at another big car show event this Sunday the 18th. We will have over
40 R32s representing at the event, letting the VW/AUDI communities know that the R32 owners are BY FAR the most hardcore group of
enthusiasts out there.
GREAT NEWS: [email protected] has confirmed that because of our hugely successfuly pre-registration drive, we will have
5 awards in the R32 class. 1st through 5th will be awarded... along with a "Most Represented Car Club" award that
I think we will probably take home.

Show Date
Sunday, September 18th - 2005
Irwindale Speedway (NOTE: Not to be confused with California Speedway)
500 Speedway Drive - Irwindale, CA 91706
MAP
General Addmision Fee
$15.00 (children under 13 FREE)
Parking Fee
$0.00 (Free) (all spectators must pay the General Admission Fee)
This year's event features the following:
- VW/Audi (watercooled and aircooled) Car Show
- VWoA Thrill rides in the new MK5 GTI & Jetta GLI
- Auto-Cross(X) sponsored by Falken tires & in conjunction with Porsche Club of America (PCA) – Orange Coast Region
- 2WD above ground Dyno
- 2005 Cross Over brand – Porsche
- Live DJ and stage
- Over $8K in raffles (
The SoCal GTG in April had this much in raffles)
- Lifestyles Area (high end unique & exotic zone) brought to you by Next Level Media
- Media Coverage by top companies
- Top VW Community Industry and private vehicle debuts
- Track side food and drink vendors
- Free Parking
- Children 13 years and younger free
- And Much More!
DAY OF SHOW INFORMATION:
Car show entrants can enter as early as 7AM. You must go to the gate, pickup your day of show "packet" and can enter (along with one
passenger) to setup your car for the show. If you aren't pre-registered yet, "day of show" registration starts at 8AM, after which
you can enter to setup. ALL R32s will be parked together, so make sure you arrive by 9AM.
For those Auto-Xing, the auto-x begins at 9AM and runs through 5PM. There is only one "class" for the auto-x as it's intended more
for fun than as a competition. Helmets are available for rent in limited quantities.
General show admission opens at 10AM and "raffles and awards" for the car show is from 4PM-5PM.
SoCal R32 Tent/Booth, Sponsored by VF-Engineering and GIAC
Once again, VF Engineering and GIAC provided me with some stuff (VF mounts and a GIAC flash) to sell to raise funds so that we can
have a nice place to hang out during the day. Thanks to their generosity, we will have a 40x20 canopy near our cars to relax in
style. We'll have some chairs, but I highly recommend you bring your own comfortable folding chairs. THANKS VF and GIAC!!!
DRINKS/SNACKS for our group: While we can't cater in food or anything, we are allowed to bring coolers of drinks for the
event. Please post up if you can bring a cooler of drinks and/or snacks, and bring enough to share.

Saturday SoCal R32 Pre-Party:
Some of us will be going to Hollywood on Saturday night, kind of like our own little R32 pre-party. Dubfest has their own pre-party on
Friday night as well, and you can check their website for info. So, just be at Saddleranch at 10PM. I've sent out an email to all pre-
registered members, but IM me if you need some contact numbers so you can find us that evening. I'll be swinging by the Monrovia Four
Points Sheraton to pickup the AZ crew as designated driver. You don't wanna mess with drinking and driving in Hollywood... at all.
SoCal R32 Pre-Party Info:
Saddleranch in Hollywood on Sunset
8371 W. Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069
MAP
NOTE: Arizona Crew and other out of towners
My mom's house is just 15 minutes from Irwindale and I'd like to open it up for anyone who needs a driveway and a gardenhose to
wash their R32s on Saturday before the event. Email me at [email protected] and I can get you directions. You'll need to
bring towels, supplies, bucket, soap, etc... but you can use the house if you need to pretty up the car.

Modified by nebuchadnezzar at 10:38 PM 9-15-2005

· Registered
2,690 Posts
Re: DUBFEST - THIS SUNDAY, Sept 18th - SoCal R32 - Important Info Inside (nebuchadnezzar)

Right on... I'm down for the car wash, I know I'll be needing it.

Thanks for the offer and setting everything up! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: DUBFEST - THIS SUNDAY, Sept 18th - SoCal R32 - Important Info Inside (dedgsus)

Quote, originally posted by dedgsus »
Right on... I'm down for the car wash, I know I'll be needing it.

Thanks for the offer and setting everything up! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

No problem and I hope you can come party with us the night before... I know ChefJay
is in!

· Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: DUBFEST - THIS SUNDAY, Sept 18th - SoCal R32 - Important Info Inside (notjcs)

Quote, originally posted by notjcs »

you socal guys have too much time on your hands

Nah, just misplaced priorities.

· Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: DUBFEST - THIS SUNDAY, Sept 18th - SoCal R32 - Important Info Inside (RiusV.:R6)

Quote, originally posted by RiusV.:R6 »
Neb!! Can i join you guys? I know i have a MKIV but your group are more solid and more fun.

Absolutely. We have reserved parking areas for the R32s, so don't get in the "middle" of that, but for sure come hang out in our tent/booth.

· Registered
371 Posts
Re: DUBFEST - THIS SUNDAY, Sept 18th - SoCal R32 - Important Info Inside (nebuchadnezzar)

Quote, originally posted by nebuchadnezzar »

Absolutely. We have reserved parking areas for the R32s, so don't get in the "middle" of that, but for sure come hang out in our tent/booth.

thanks

· Registered
2,690 Posts
Re: DUBFEST - THIS SUNDAY, Sept 18th - SoCal R32 - Important Info Inside (White R32)

I was planning on going and have the address already, I was also going to depart with you guys from Exklusiv. Do you know what time you are taking off? We can probably go straight to Neb's, unless you want to check in at the hotel first.

· Registered
263 Posts

I havent registered and dont plan to "show" my car, but will I be able to park inside with the rest of the R32s? I cant stay the entire event anyway, was just curious.
checked the FAQ, looks like cars cant leave early or move around the show area anyway.

Modified by RedHot .:R32 at 9:48 PM 9-13-2005

· Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: DUBFEST - THIS SUNDAY, Sept 18th - SoCal R32 - Important Info Inside (RedHot .:R32)

Sorry, but you must pay to show your car to have it inside... many SoCal R32 peeps just paid and consider it "premium parking".

· Registered
15,701 Posts
Re: (nebuchadnezzar)

Quote »
The SoCal GTG in April had this much in raffles)

Seriously Eugene, you need to share how you got all of those companies on board for that! I want to do something like that for the next philly GTG!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (Mike Solo)

Quote, originally posted by Mike Solo »

Seriously Eugene, you need to share how you got all of those companies on board for that! I want to do something like that for the next philly GTG!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Come to my seminar... I'll explain all. Seats are limited... so act fast.

· Registered
'22 GT4 '22 Macan S '12 Equator '59 Sprite
7,739 Posts
Re: (nebuchadnezzar)

Neb,
If you're by the VWoA booth, say "Hey". I'll be there with the MKVs. I want to get over to check out your car, especially the new grille, but sometimes it gets crazy (you know how it is).
Josh

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.