VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Please come out to the 3rd Annual Dubfest X-Mas Charity Car Show. Date is set for Sunday, Dec. 11th at the Miro Wheels HQ in Brea, CA. Registration is now open and information is available.

Due to space capacity, spots will be once again limited and all item & toy donations will benefit the Long Beach Miller Children's Hospital. Please pre-register to secure your spot. A Wish List of all items requested is available on the website at www.dubfestcarshow.com.

Show and admission discounts are available when bringing a toy or item for donation. Catered Food, music, awards and raffles will be available as well as NOS!

We look forward to having you there and happy holidays!

Tom:snowcool:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Cant wait for this, i might be a tad late ( running a half marathon in the am)
And tired but ill be there

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Just out of curiosity... The Dubfest LA show is $45 to register, but at least it's somewhat justified because it's at Irwindale Speedway, even though this years was in the parking lot. The holiday show is in Miro's parking lot, which I'm assuming doesn't cost much (if anything at all), so how do you justify $30 to register for this show? I realize Dubfest is the last VW show in LA (slowly becoming an open event with mostly VW/Audi), but I felt that the show at Irwindale was overpriced for what it was, and for a smaller show in a parking lot of a commercial warehouse, I can't imagine this being much better for the price. Hopefully I'll get a thoughtful response to this and not just bashed for voicing my opinion.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Just out of curiosity... The Dubfest LA show is $45 to register, but at least it's somewhat justified because it's at Irwindale Speedway, even though this years was in the parking lot. The holiday show is in Miro's parking lot, which I'm assuming doesn't cost much (if anything at all), so how do you justify $30 to register for this show? I realize Dubfest is the last VW show in LA (slowly becoming an open event with mostly VW/Audi), but I felt that the show at Irwindale was overpriced for what it was, and for a smaller show in a parking lot of a commercial warehouse, I can't imagine this being much better for the price. Hopefully I'll get a thoughtful response to this and not just bashed for voicing my opinion.

its a charity event....and Dubfest has always been in a parking lot for as long as i have been going

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its a charity event....and Dubfest has always been in a parking lot for as long as i have been going
:thumbup:

Alex, just wanted to make sure you were treated well at the show. As mentioned.. It is in the parking lot / grounds of the Speedway as always but this year towards the Drag Strip. Don't know how a drag race session and a show would work on the strip! If you were to go out for a drag night it is 20$ just to watch. It was 45$ and if you pre-registered is was 5$ less. And im sure if any one got a hold of any toss outs or even won one thing from the raffles it made up for entrance or even registration.

I have already mentioned all this so i would rather not get into specifics as to what the difference is as im sure many already know. Your assumptions of what costs are..., well are assumptions. We do also support the Hospital with a large donation of toys and items for the wish list. Bring a toy and it's only 25$ to register.

regards,
Tom

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
So will there be food included in the registration price ($30 or $25 with toy)?

Last year, there was an additional charge for the food, so I think food being available to the registered peopled, free of charge, should be cool, so just want to clear that up.

Also, I hope the raffle this year is better than last years. I won a 6 cassette tape holder for a mk3 vw?!?!?:screwy: The box was all beat to crap and was dirty and it wasn't even new or sealed. Granted, last years registration fee was like $10 bucks, but still lol, I probably won the lamest prize last year lol!

Anyways, hope to see everyone there this year!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
So will there be food included in the registration price ($30 or $25 with toy)?

Last year, there was an additional charge for the food, so I think food being available to the registered peopled, free of charge, should be cool, so just want to clear that up.

Also, I hope the raffle this year is better than last years. I won a 6 cassette tape holder for a mk3 vw?!?!?:screwy: The box was all beat to crap and was dirty and it wasn't even new or sealed. Granted, last years registration fee was like $10 bucks, but still lol, I probably won the lamest prize last year lol!

Anyways, hope to see everyone there this year!
you actually won twice, but you was gone for the 1st 1.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts