VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.news4jax.com/sports/base...lle-suns-to-make-major-announcement-wednesday

Is Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp the most painful sports team you've ever heard of? I know it's only AAA baseball team or minor league, but still the Suns was at least somewhat of a decent name. I can only imagine fans wearing the Jumbo Shrimp apparel. Yet another embarrassment for Jacksonville and Florida. Nolan Ryan would be rolling over in his grave if he was dead.

·
Premium Member
18,574 Posts

Macon, GA hockey team from way back. I actually went to a Whoopee game when we lived down there.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Washington Wizards is ****ing retarded.

They're my favorite team. It's so embarrassing. **** Ted Leonsis.

·
Banned
13,776 Posts

·
Registered
15,529 Posts
Washington Wizards is ****ing retarded.

They're my favorite team. It's so embarrassing. **** Ted Leonsis.
You mean the bullets?:laugh:

Yeah...wizards was a goofy choice when they changed it and is still a goofy name. But ALL of the "winning" names from that '96ish contest were stupid as hell. I think "sea stallions" and "dragons" were some of the "top contenders". Pollin should have either kept them the bullets, or resurrected a classic Washington name, the Senators (from the previous major league baseball team). A bunch of my buddies regularly wear bullets gear to wizards games, wizards is just not fitting, imo.

·
Millennial
German crap
23,781 Posts
Leonsis could bring the bullets back. the murder rate is much lower, now.:laugh:
He's more worried about slobbering over Ovechkin's knob.

(Or that's at least what it looks like, as an outsider that doesn't give a single **** about dc sports)

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Nice discaimer...ha...the guy is pretty decent at his job.;)
Idk, it seems to me that he gives the Caps his full attention. First they redesigned the Caps floor and jerseys, then a year or two later they redesign Wizards with the same style and type face. His GM Ernie Grunfeld has drafted OK, but has made no major acquisitions through trade or free agency. Wizards will do nothing this year. They're just wasting John Wall's time.

... see you guys at the game tonight.

·
Registered
15,529 Posts
Nice discaimer...ha...the guy is pretty decent at his job.;)
Idk, it seems to me that he gives the Caps his full attention. First they redesigned the Caps floor and jerseys, then a year or two later they redesign Wizards with the same style and type face. His GM Ernie Grunfeld has drafted OK, but has made no major acquisitions through trade or free agency. Wizards will do nothing this year. They're just wasting John Wall's time.

... see you guys at the game tonight.
haha - I was talking about ovchekin, not leonsis!:laugh:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
:laugh: Ok yeah he's good.

I like TJ Oshie as well. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts