VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Atlas R-Line; 2019 330xi M-Sport
32,652 Posts
Nice. Name the team after something that is super annoying, pointless, and that everyone would kill with fire if they could:laugh:
Have you ever been to the Georgia Coast?

Sand Gnat is pretty fitting. I've spent entirely too much time in Brunswick... and entirely too much time with Sand Gnats. :banghead:

Side note: There was a book about the birth of the USN and the first six frigates that were built post-Revolution. Turns out most of the wood was from St. Simons Island (off Brunswick) - the quote from one of the ship builders, which I can't remember verbatim, about the desolation, heat, humidity, and bugs in the area still applies today. Ugh. Can't stand it. :mad:

·
Senior Sloth
2,695 Posts
My wife is a Geoduck

I am a Blue Hose

Yes, both terrible school mascots.

·
Banned
26,117 Posts

·
Registered
27,851 Posts
Used to play Whiffle ball as a kid. I filled it with foam and covered the holes with electrical tape so it was more a limited-flight baseball, due to the size field we played on. I picked Blue Jays as one of the two-kid teams I was on. I was made fun of that it was a stupid, wimpy name. This was probably 1974.

Then Toronto announced it as their name. :D

·
Registered
24,106 Posts
It's only as a one-day promotion, but the Aberdeen IronBirds (Single-A affiliate of the Orioles owned by Cal & Bill Ripken) are changing their name to the Steamed Crabs. :facepalm:

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Vegas Golden Knights... My god, what a terrible, terrible, name for a pro ice hockey team.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
The New England Patriots...........that part of the country used to be the birthplace of the American republic. Now it's full of a bunch of HOA, township rule loving commie *******s. And that's coming from a registered Dem.

"Patriots". Pshhh....

21 - 34 of 34 Posts