VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was thinking............before the R32 came out, it be GREAT if they put the S4 engine in some thing a little smaller and AWD as well. Some thing like a GTI or a TT. So here is my question.......I do not know the disslacement of the S4 6 biturbo, but is the R32 block the same as the old S4......or is it different........ I think it would be SWEET if the old S4 was in the R32.
Jason

·
Registered
265 Posts
The R32 has the same engine as the new Audi TT 3.2
The B5 S4 has a 2.7 bi-turbo engine; the intercoolers and other piping would make it space restrictive in a smaller engine bay.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (taimolas4)

Thanks for the info guys. Has any one really broken down an R32 and built a forced induction one yet. I do not mean just bolting on a turbo kit.............I mean REALLY building it for forced induction!!! If so, what were the Horse and Torque numbers.
Thanks again guys,
Jason

·
Registered
265 Posts
Re: (OnlyOneV8KILLR)

Quote, originally posted by OnlyOneV8KILLR »
Thanks for the info guys. Has any one really broken down an R32 and built a forced induction one yet. I do not mean just bolting on a turbo kit.............I mean REALLY building it for forced induction!!! If so, what were the Horse and Torque numbers.
Thanks again guys,
Jason

I think the engine is too new for this project to have been developed yet. But great idea!!!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Re: (taimolas4)

I believe there is a supercharger kit being offered for the R32 already. Bumps the power into the 300+ range.
Dropping the S4 drivetrain into a smaller (VW Mk IV for example) would be prohibitive due to the differences in engine mounting. The only VW the S4 engine would fit in is the Passat as they are built on the same platform. Granted, that would do nothing performance-wise other than lighten your wallet.
The S4 engine is a 2.7L V6 and has nothing in common with the R32's 3.2L VR6 other than maybe some control sensors...

Modified by Ian F at 7:48 AM 5-26-2004

1 - 6 of 6 Posts