VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, thought perhaps one of you guys might have had this problem before.
My Dummy brake light won't turn off. It turns on with the ignition, and simply won't go off. The ABS turns off, as with the Check engine light...but the Brake light WILL NOT go off.
I've already checked the brake fluid level. (which is fine, apparently, if it's low, the light will come on and stay on)
I've ruled out the fact that it could be an ABS problem as the ABS works fine( I checked
and the ABS light goes out as normal)
I've taken out the center console to look at the brake lever actuator and tried to see if the switch at the brake lever is fried or not connecting. HOwever, it can't possibly be fried, as it's no switch at all. IT simply breaks a loop when you push down the parking brake. When you have the parking brake on, a spring pushes a powered connector back up and grounds out against the chassis thus turning on the light. If this hasn't made any sense, or if you have any ideas, please let me know...the light sorta bugs me.
Cheerz

·
Registered
8,693 Posts
Re: Dummy Brake light won't disarm (Soviet B3)

I have no idea, but I am almost positive that its the hand brake sensor of some sort.. see if breaking the current from the hand brake to the light makes it go away.. I'm pretty sure there is a wire like that...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.