VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so is there a shop out there that makes dump valve for out cars. either after turbo or just before the Cat. I want one that I can control from with in my cabin with a switch or so. I was thinking something like a Y tube section one end having a throttle body looking part that will open and close with a flip of a switch from with in the cabin. DOES ANYONE MAKE ONE?
if no I'm asking ATP about producing one who would be down to get one if they do make it. Dump valve cuts out the whole exhuast system like running straight headers for NA cars no back pressure unlimited turbo potential and no restraint in the high end.

·
Registered
10,102 Posts
Re: Dump Valves Market (WeedWolfie420)

I have a shop locally willing to start making them as well. The guy is a wizard with piping and welding. I will run a prototype on mine before selling them. It is further in the future now that I need a clutch.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Dump Valves Market (20lbbooster)

I have emailed you and I want to hear some more support here from other people. I believe this is a good idea that is why it is used in proches and muscle track cars. it works and it is very very effective.

·
Banned
7,500 Posts
Re: Dump Valves Market (WeedWolfie420)

someone could hack out a wastegate flapper and solonoid and make a nice electronically controlled one
Heck you could wire it in paralell to the wastegate so that when it shuts, the dump valve pops open!
Now that would be slick. Quiet when off boost, and all hell breaks loose when you hit the gas.

[Modified by Cypher2k, 1:18 PM 10-3-2002]

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Re: Dump Valves Market (18turbo)

If I can find the link again, there is an electronic one that cost like 100 bucks or less. then just buy the 30 dollar cut-out from flowtech, and BAM have it installed. and wire it up yourself. takes 4-5 sec for the dump to open or close all by the touch of a button~!

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Re: Dump Valves Market (Jetta_1.8Tip)

DAmniT i cant find the link to the cheaper model(non SUPER metal ones)
In other words the one that costs 100 bucks or so, not these 400 dollar ones that I have been finding.
I know somebody has the link, well just have to wait

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.