VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 vw corrado 9a16v installed in the vehicle by previous owner. Anytime im aggressive with the accelerator the car cuts out and rpms start dropping, then i shift and it re-engages. Car has a ms3x stand alone. This thing has been a nightmare to try to get idle smooth. i constantly have issues starting the car. Battery light flickers yet battery and alternator are new. When driving the car outside of the hard acceleration car runs smooth, dont know what to do. I have changed the ISV, re-routed the ISV back into the intake manifold which has helped some. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

link for reference of what the car has. There is no turbo installed on the vehicle.

·
Registered
'91 GLI, '98 Vr6 GTI, '17 Golf R
702 Posts
Have you ran some datalogs? Do you know what your running for a fuel pump? Our 91Jetta is a 9A, and my son's Turbo build Vr6 GTI is running Microsquirt so I have some experience with both sides of what you have.
I'm wondering if it could be a fuel pressure issue?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bosch 044 Fuel Pump according to the list.
Have you ran some datalogs? Do you know what your running for a fuel pump? Our 91Jetta is a 9A, and my son's Turbo build Vr6 GTI is running Microsquirt so I have some experience with both sides of what you have.
I'm wondering if it could be a fuel pressure issue?
i have done some data logging about two weeks ago but need to do it again under hard acceleration. will do some tomorrow, its pouring here now lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Check for broken / chafed wires in the engine bay, engine movement could be the culprit with a failing ground or power wire...
Check for broken / chafed wires in the engine bay, engine movement could be the culprit with a failing ground or power wire...
will do i have to trace back some wires, car has a wire tuck, wonder if something is loose somewhere.

·
Registered
10,113 Posts
It sounds like you are frustrated but have not done any testing.

At some point of time, you just need to accept the fact that you need to make tests and find out what is going on. Who cares if the fuel pump was new and is a good part number. I have seen too many new parts fail and how do I find that out? With testing. It's not difficult to test the fuel pressure.

I can go on an on but you just need to stop assuming and get the facts.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
It's also using ms3x stand alone. The correct forum would be one that covers problems with ms3x stand alone.

I could not find an MS forum on VW Vortex which surprised me.

I am pretty sure the factory Corrado 16V had a KR on KE-Jetronic.

There was a rare Corrado 16V in the Corrado forum but the owner made it more common by converting it to carbs.

There may be Scirocco 16V or Corrado G60 owners who converted to MS.

The number of valves doesn't matter if it's a problem with the engine management.

Maybe MS has troubleshooting FAQ on their website. They probably have wiring diagrams.

To Butcher's point,

Even if you find somebody who converted a Scirocco 16V or a Corrado G60 to MS, you will be wasting money and everybody's time without testing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It sounds like you are frustrated but have not done any testing.

At some point of time, you just need to accept the fact that you need to make tests and find out what is going on. Who cares if the fuel pump was new and is a good part number. I have seen too many new parts fail and how do I find that out? With testing. It's not difficult to test the fuel pressure.

I can go on an on but you just need to stop assuming and get the facts.
appreciate the feedback. do you have any suggestions on testing the fuel pressure. I do not have a inline valve where you can connect a gauge to. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's also using ms3x stand alone. The correct forum would be one that covers problems with ms3x stand alone.

I could not find an MS forum on VW Vortex which surprised me.

I am pretty sure the factory Corrado 16V had a KR on KE-Jetronic.

There was a rare Corrado 16V in the Corrado forum but the owner made it more common by converting it to carbs.

There may be Scirocco 16V or Corrado G60 owners who converted to MS.

The number of valves doesn't matter if it's a problem with the engine management.

Maybe MS has troubleshooting FAQ on their website. They probably have wiring diagrams.

To Butcher's point,

Even if you find somebody who converted a Scirocco 16V or a Corrado G60 to MS, you will be wasting money and everybody's time without testing.
I had kptunning tune the vehicle and everything runs great when car is in motion. its at idle and start up and then recently the issue that i mentioned where it would cut out during hard acceleration. i have sent kp tuning an email to see if they can assist maybe and hopefully just need an adjustment. Thanks for the info

1 - 16 of 16 Posts