VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive owned this TT for 13yrears and in 2005 it received an apr 225 stage 3+ install, this left the car a bit un-fulfilling to me after so much money was spent on "improving performance" so i parked it. Sure it got out to a few shows and did the occasional hot lap but the car never preformed in a way i was happy with as a daily driven car once this kit was installed.

with the last few years release of some key parts for the 1.8t platform i have slowly started to think it was time to spend some cash and get this car back into tip top shape with some quality updated parts.

some of the main parts i am looking forward to installing are...........

USRT Genesis 2 1000cc injectors. from what i have read guys are having a real good time tuning these injectors.

USRT Genesis 2 drop in fuel pump. i look forward to getting rid of the inline pump from my current setup.

(no photos of the production pump exist yet so........ this is what i am guessing it will be like)

eurodyne meastor 7, i have had this for a few years but not spent much time digging too deep into the tunings true power.

eurodyne Boost Manager plus water/meth controller
. this should help tie a few of loose ends up on the car nicely.

034 intake manifold, this is going to help fix a few small issues that i just didn't want to deal with till now plus........ it has the magic ability to unlock some hidden power.

there are a few other parts that i have collected over the years that will get installed.

stuff like......

034 billet fuel rail

034 adjustable fuel pressure regulator

hemi 80mm throttle body

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
a few pics of the car over the years.............

after getting a ko4 install back in 03

getting ready to pull everything in 05

225 swap from 2003 ALMS TT

everything not used from the donor motor

getting ready for the road ahead

nice how lego'isk these cars are

wow i need to take more photos of this thing...... only photo i can find from 2006 to 2011

and how its sitting now in storage

last time i fired the dang TT up i counted 11 black widows on it before i gave up counting.

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
When my Jetta received the APR kit (late 2004), it felt fun for a while. Tracked the hell out of it while I was out in Komifornia. It felt a little lackluster after a while...so I tossed in a gt3071r. :D

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
if all the planed updating to the car goes well i am thinking come spring a gtx3071r will get installed. the current setup made some big #'s but in reality the car just doesn't run well as is.

spaced out some ignition upgrades that were planed back around since saint Patrick's day :laugh: but ended up on the shelf instead of in the car.

fsi coils
new coil harness
new spark plugs

never bothered getting coil adapters :facepalm:
now to find a hose this cars filthy

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice car. Don't forget to shave the tab from the hemi socket so you can get the plug to go on all the way. Also the 034 mani is only 70mm so your gonna have to open it up a tad.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
thanks man, this cars been in hibernation for quiet some time. nice to see some around here remember it :beer:

well a little birdie, okay i lie a slightly sluggish cranky birdie came by today and dropped off the 1000cc injectors. things looks like some real TLC was put into each one. the poor post man seems off-put by the increase of packages coming in vs. being shipped out :p

had a good chat Friday with a few nice guys who let me put one of the fresh off the press 034 manifolds in my hot little hands....... with a few answers to some questions i have, its looks like ill get my own copy of this manifold some time next week. :beer: its going to take a bit of tweaking before i can install one but who doesn't like to take a girl out to dinner..... talk her ear off a bit then unwrap her and give her a good stretching out till things are just the way you like it?...:laugh:

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
its going to take a bit of tweaking before i can install one but who doesn't like to take a girl out to dinner..... talk her ear off a bit then unwrap her and give her a good stretching out till things are just the way you like it?...:laugh:
:laugh::beer:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
went to grab some tools from storage and noticed something has been getting some a better view of things from on top the cars.

photos before work starts next week

note to self....... don't be lazy and leave the rain try filler panel off for years at a time.

went to unplug the battery tender and got to shake hands with one of many of the night watchmen.

had to shift the mk2 around so the TT can assume the position.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
making a bit of progress this weekend.

manifold came in a nice box. thing has plenty of packing in it to protect the manifold from the above average level of aggressive delivery person.

and here it is fresh out of the box

the 034 placard is factory installed so for anyone running the throttle body on the driver side you get a empty space to show people who look at your motor. not a big deal just odd there is a space for it on both sides if the installed doesn't get to make the install choice of where the placard goes.

some of the goodies that are going to work well with the new manifold. that is a extra runner to plenum gasket. i felt better knowing there is one in my repair stash for down the road services.

big manifold....... small ports, well not for long at least :laugh:

the casting is as nice inside as out, i am happy with the quality so far.

and now the work begins, i am going to do a bit of testing before the manifold is installed. to help test only the manifold i made a set of block-off plates.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
got something exciting today...........

the USRT water/meth direct port kit showed up. i will be running a total of 6 nozzles with this setup.

ill get better photos of this setup later. its a real quality part.

i also opened the unitornic wideband harness.

http://www.unitronic-chipped.com/store/products/fueling/wideband-ecu-conversion-kit.html

its nice to see they used quality parts to build this harness

i noticed only the red wire has a rubber boot.

my only concern is the vvt resistor. the wires coming off the left side of it seem to for lack of a better word "flop" around a bit. i am worried the solid core wire coming out the resistor is damaged as the wires on that side are not as stiff as the right side.

i'm not able to start digging into the actual audi much till the start of November so i am doing as much small prep as i can before then.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
with santa about to hit town im getting ready to spend my down time from work getting deep into the TT.

some of the parts stash thats been building up

parts from 034 motorsport

usrt parts

Integrated Engineeing

Gruven Parts

eurodyne

unitornic

ECS Tuning

fellow TT owner had an extra one of these laying around along with detailed documentation to go with it

car is up in the air now, plan is to pull the front clip and start draining fluid. once all the small stuff is out of the way ill pull the motor/trans/subframe out all at once. the APR stg3 downpipe is a real real real real real real real PIA to deal with in the car. it almost makes it impossible to take the bevel box off the trans with everything in the car.

makes me sad taking the car off the road. i hope by the middle of January to get the car back to running condition.

already have a parts list building for items needed to connect all these loose ends. :banghead:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
while pressure testing the manifold i noticed this... 2 of the 4 injectors start to leak slightly at 15psi. i think this maybe the source of the leak. :facepalm:

your looking into an injector bung.

nice cavity in the casting exposed during final machine work.

another injector bung

best of the 4 injector bungs

not sure what to do, cant really get into the bungs to weld these up and don't want to have to re-machine the bungs. i am going to try getting my hands on some over sized o-rings in hope for a easy fix :(. the bulk of the cavities are at the bottom edge of where the 0-ring sits in the bung so i am giving the oversize o-ring a fighting chance as a save.

if you have one of these manifolds could you take a detailed look at your injector bungs. i wonder if this is an isolated issue or a casting problem.

why am i pressure testing this manifold off the motor?... i am going to step thru installing everything 1 step at a time onto the manifold to help remove any chance of a vacuum leak down the road. this manifold is getting direct port water/meth nozzles installed, 5 of them. so that alone opens up a chance for a few different hard to find on the motor vacuum leaks. then you have all the thread in fittings for normal vacuum duty's that can be checked while on the bench.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts