Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I :heart: Vortex Haters.....

Setup:
Rims- 18x8.5 +35 no spacers
Tires- 235/40/18 (no stretch here haha)
Coils- ST's of course
GTF- Front-23 3/8 in- Back- 24 3/4 in.
Fenders- Front- Rolled and pulled.

This is the progression of my audi. Its never been an important car to me untill recently and i almost lost her in a divorce but im keeping her and now its time for some fun stuff.

A little history....

bought her

then got my dreaded headlights because the corners were falling off when i rallied

then painted stockers and tails

then some rims, way to good of a price but definitely not my first choice...

Then built a 3 in turbo back

then made a skid plate... (obtained legally....;))

Then the st's

Then the front mount....

Then i decided to finally spend some money on something nice and picked up some depos

Then some 55watt 5k hids

(comparison)

and this is her getting another new axle as i write this

Expect to see a haltech E6X install VERY SOON

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This was last weekend

[video=facebook;1966541837510]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1966541837510&comments&set=t.1061828567&type=1[/video]

·
Registered
756 Posts
Not too bad so far. Intercooler would look better if it were mounted higher and not hanging out the bottom of the bumper.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I'm getting a different intercooler but its gonna be pretty big still. I'm gonna heat pull the stock lip and see how that looks but I may get a different lip for it... but that's after I get my front splitter set up.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
hater's!? going by the pics your the one hate'n! hate'n on wash'n a damn car!:p
just bust'n ya ballz man.:laugh:
cool setup and video
what are your lap times compared to the other cars running?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what are your lap times compared to the other cars running?
well my one of my friends evo's, by far the fastest car out there that day ran a 1.58 and another friends evo had about 300 at the wheels and he ran a best of 2.17 but was mostly around 2.20's, that lamborghini ran a best lap of 2.24 but he was a horrible driver and a cadilac ctsv with another horrible driver ran a best of 2.27.

me myself? my best was a 2.27.

I'm gonna put some pics up later of what i did last night

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey does anyone have contact information for anyone who has run a haltech on a 1.8t? Im gonna wire in my e6x and just looking for someone to bounce ideas off

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got my lip put back on.... im gonna heat it and pull it all down though so its closer to the ground.

wondering if anyone has info on ksport big brakes for the b5 chassis? im most likely gonna get ecs stage 3 but those k sports look pretty nice

2011-06-16_17-27-57_679 by Dustinsonger, on Flickr

·
Registered
155 Posts
car looks 10x better lol...those original ebay lights were horrible lol...but if u liked them then more power to u. btw what did u do to your washer caps in your front bumper?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah it does. i forgot how good it looked with that thing on there. im glad i got my pipes out of the way so it all fits and you dont see intercooler pipes just a big ass intercooler.

im thinking about cutting out some of the bumper so it gets more airflow and looks neat in the middle

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
yeah it does. i forgot how good it looked with that thing on there. im glad i got my pipes out of the way so it all fits and you dont see intercooler pipes just a big ass intercooler.

im thinking about cutting out some of the bumper so it gets more airflow and looks neat in the middle
I suggest not, because I never see anyone cut an a4 bumper and make it look good.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well i care about how my car looks but im getting to the point where its functionality is alot mor important. so im looking at being the fist with a good looking cut bumper haha.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I suggest not, because I never see anyone cut an a4 bumper and make it look good.
there is actually a write up about someone who custom did their front bumper and it looks great...they cut the support brackets out and bondo and glued the valence and then color it..looks like one bumper

1 - 20 of 44 Posts