VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ordering a Forge DV 007P and I am getting the APR chip this coming weekend. If my DV arrives sooner, will it be all right to install it on my stock AWP? Should I wait for the chip and then install the DV? Or does it matter at all? BTW, I am also running an ITG panel filter. If that matters. Thanks as always!

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Re: DV and chip questions. Really easy... (vertius)

i'd install the DV regardless, that way you can feel the difference that the DV is making. i like to install my mods one at a time so i can tell what they're doing to my car. so in short, a new DV can only make your car run better ^_^.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Re: DV and chip questions. Really easy... (boi retro)

100% correct.
although!!! i wouldnt install the DV, i would chip then enjoy that feeling, keep it like that for at least 2 weeks, by that time youll blow the stock DV(dont worry this doesnt affect your car) then put the forge in and youll maintain boost better.
2 surprises for the price of one

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Re: DV and chip questions. Really easy... (boi retro)

quote:[HR][/HR]i'd install the DV regardless, that way you can feel the difference that the DV is making. i like to install my mods one at a time so i can tell what they're doing to my car. so in short, a new DV can only make your car run better ^_^.[HR][/HR]​
I agree w/ this! If you have it, try it out a little w/ the stock chip...
The DV was my very first mod to my car!... and it was a world of difference!!
It's such and easy part to take off and put back on, so if you want to try the chip w/ the stock DV on, you could just put it back on after you have the chip installed and then when you want the whole experience, put the aftermarket DV back on!! AND SMILE!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts