VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4,603 Posts
Re: DV vs NCS (tambone)

DV= diverter valve
N?= must be in N75 which is the valve name for the electric solenoid wastegate regulator valve (vacuum)

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: DV vs NCS (gt2437)

thanks for the reply. so anyway to my question, can i have both in my car? if not which one would be better? better as in. i want more hp, i know the DV holds more boost, but can you explains the differencees?

· Registered
4,603 Posts
Re: DV vs NCS (tambone)

your car has both stock, but the DV is usually replaced by one that can handle more boost (Bailey/Forge/Hyperboost etc) and the N75 is replaced by another VW/Audi part that allows several more psi of boost.
The newer DV's are much better than the ones that came on the cars in 2000 and 2001. The N75's are kinda fun to play around with as they can provide several extra psi on the spike and possibly throught the RPM range (~$50-$75). The two most common ones are the 'H' or 'J' valves. The letter represents the last digit/character of the N75 part number. The stock N75 valves are 'C' or 'F'.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Re: DV vs NCS (gt2437)

Quote, originally posted by gt2437 »
your car has both stock, but the DV is usually replaced by one that can handle more boost (Bailey/Forge/Hyperboost etc).

Is one more proven than the other? This is helpful info for me too, as I am about to get my lil' AWW Revo'd soon and don't wanna melt my Turbo!

· Registered
708 Posts
Re: DV vs NCS (Jetta#5)

Quote, originally posted by Jetta#5 »

Is one more proven than the other? This is helpful info for me too, as I am about to get my lil' AWW Revo'd soon and don't wanna melt my Turbo!

You wont melt a turbo..
I have a Evolution (exact same part as Forge) and it works great...

· Banned
4,435 Posts
Bypass the N75 and install a "BoostValve"
a boostValve is like having a manually adjustable N75. So you can tweek it, and fine-tune it for your specific application.
I think this is better than the hit-or miss method of experimenting with different N75's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.