VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone interpret this for me, I don't have a ko4 specific software yet, just playing with the mbc and all runs were done with the maf unplugged.
mods
ko4-01
upsolute ko3s software
3" atp dp/2.5" techtonics catback
samco tip
4bar fpr
map clamp4.7/mbc at 19psi

1st run was with the map clamp at 4.7, holds boost longer but I think a/f is a bit lean
2nd run was with no map clamping, looks like it responds better and better fuel ratio.

Modified by omllenado at 10:54 PM 9-23-2004

Modified by omllenado at 10:55 PM 9-23-2004

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: dyno result on ko4 non ko4 software specific (wolfsburg2)

yeah I'm running a ko4 but still on a ko3s upsolute software, stock fueling besides the 4bar fpr.
hey wolfsburg2 I see that you are still running the ko3s
what else have you done to your car?, I blew up my car btw and don't have a spare car so I bought this ko4 locally rightaway as a replacement, but if I wanted bigger power I would have gotten a better turbo.
I'm not really concerned about big gains I just want a good running setup, so what do you think about the fueling area?, is it ok?, I'm still undecided on where to get the ko4 software for it.
Modified by omllenado at 11:05 PM 9-23-2004

Modified by omllenado at 11:07 PM 9-23-2004

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Re: dyno result on ko4 non ko4 software specific (omllenado)

You're a/f looks good on the 2,3 passes but I wouldn't bother with the clamp. Considering you're on the stock IC, the power loss on the other 2 runs is actually quite minimal since they were only 4 minutes apart and you actually GAINED torque even being heat soaked. I'd get some better programming if you want the most out of it though and a full TB.

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
Re: dyno result on ko4 non ko4 software specific (omllenado)

when i was runnning the stock turbo my mods were 3"tb, ecs pullies, giac v4, rvm cai.
as for the fueling it looks ok i guess, but to really maximize your set-up you should get a ko4 specific file. giac i believe has a new file for ko4s (super ko4 or eo5 but can be used for most any set-up i gather) and you the programming is written specifically for 360 or 380cc injectors. you can't go wrong with giac.
i am not a big ko4 fan so my suggestion is ditch the k series and step up to either the atp stg2 or even the fbi t3s60 kit. around 2k on stock fuel and 220-240whp should be acheivable, much more with fuel and progrramming. and the entry level price is right around 2k for either. hard ot beat.

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
Re: dyno result on ko4 non ko4 software specific (wolfsburg2)

Sounds right at 19psi. You need bIg boost in the mid range to get the ko4 to run good. Ask Up to raise the boost to 25psi from 3k to 5k, and then taper down. You'll pick up about 60lbft of torque and 20hp......

Modified by tyrolkid at 2:52 PM 9-24-2004

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.