VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I've been looking into getting e-codes for my Jetta. My boyfriend told me that they're illegal, but I found a site (http://lighting.mbz.org/faq/#ecode) that says they're legal in Massachusetts, which is where my car is registered. I was just wondering if anyone in Mass has encountered problems getting their car inspected with e-codes. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Re: e-codes in M*******chusetts? (crazyreesie)

If a cop or inspector wanted to give you a hard time. All they have to
do is look on the light fixture (headlight, tail light, marker) and find the
D.O.T emblem. Don't got one it's illegal. It all depends on how knowledgeable
and how much they want to give you a hard time. I would do the mod and just keep the stock units in case you get a friendly fix-it ticket. just my .02

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts

as far as I know my lights were never ever offered on a US spec car and I've passed inspection 6 times with them.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts

My car currently has OEM lighting and the first question the inspection guy asked me was, "what type of lighting do you have on this thing"
I looked at him funny and said, it's all OEM. Then he asked what modifications I had made to it.
I think it all depends where you go. Some places are bigger ballbusters than others.
Oh, then I failed because my Hazards didn't blink...

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
Re: e-codes in M*******chusetts? (germantoy)

i havent had any problems the last 2 years with my mk4 look's...just find a sketchy place to go if youre nervous about it. not like there arent a TON of easy to pass places in mass
you can get e-codes from any reputable shop pretty much... parts4vws.com or matt @ tuningzubehor.com can hook ya up

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Re: e-codes in M*******chusetts? (Severance)

i got some ecodes from a company from Depo Autolamps and all of their lights are DOT approved...they're the same quality as hella and valeo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.