VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to get e-codes and just looking for some deals.
Saw this one posted in MK4 classifieds for $179 US:
The complete set comes with:
-L and R headlight, with foglights
-Headlight Bulb
-Foglight Bulb
-City Light bulb
-Leveling motors (inside the unit)
I must add that there is adittional wiring regarding to the leveling motors, and you need the leveling controller that goes alongside your dimmer in order to get it working... NO instruction manual comes with the headlights.
Does any one understand what that last sentence means?? What will it involve to get it working?
Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: E-codes?? Where is the cheapest place to get them in GTA?? (ST33LR4T)

So does that mean I can resuse the leveling switch from my existing head lights or do I have to get a new one? And would it be easy and not too expensive to get a new one if I had to??
Is it still a good deal then??
Thanks.

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
Re: E-codes?? Where is the cheapest place to get them in GTA?? (TO_DubR)

Hey first off that is a good price especially with the leveling motors.
You do not need a instruction manual with headlights. it will be plug and play, how ever to get the fogs to work if you don't allready have them will take some extra wiring, but is not neccesary to make the lights work.
Also the leveling motors requires the purchase of a new dimmer switch. about 70 bucks canadain from pgperformace, which includes the switch and wiring connectors. all that is need to get the leveling motors to work is a small bit of wiring but only requires 1 wire to be run from the switch to the headlights.
Anythings else you want to know?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: E-codes?? Where is the cheapest place to get them in GTA?? (Sawdust)

Hey thanks a lot.
I'm not worried about the install just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to end up paying more then it's worth and have no warranty on it. Besides as it stands right now this guy selling it seems way too shady cause he can't even get the billing process right for transfer of funds.... And too many little loose ends that make me worry.
Damn... that's like 2 shady deals within a week. And both I was more then willing to pay for the price too... Oh well, just not my lucky week I guess for shopping on the Vortex.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.