VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we at german squad would like to thank everyone that attended our show and helping us make this event a bigger turnout then we expected. being that it was bigger, we appreciate the the cooperation and understanding from all the show contestants to make everything run smoother and more efficient.
we would also like to apologise for any inconveniences anyone has had at the show and hopefully everyone can chime in with their experience, good or bad, so that hopefully we can make this event bigger and better and have it close to being on the same platform as waterfest.
thanx again and keep on dubbing.
jorge
oh yeah....how was the dj? it was our first time having a dj there and would definitely like some feed back on him.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Re: E-town VW Show and Go .. thank you (green 2.0 golf iii)

So what was the fastest time of the day for a VW. I saw that Jetta run real fast. Got everyones attention. Super fat slicks.
I forgot its time though, anyone remeber? Who was the driver and what mods did he have?
Thanks for the good time

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: E-town VW Show and Go .. thank you (green 2.0 golf iii)

quote:[HR][/HR]where was that silver a2 4dr gti ?
aint that a german squad car?
love that car [HR][/HR]​
Yup......Thats mine
It was parked at the Girlie Girl racing booth on the other side of the track for most of the day then we brought it over around 3

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: E-town VW Show and Go .. thank you (RICHVR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]I've been to most of the shows and the only thing that I can say about the show is that you guys need to break up the classes a little more and make it like Waterfest, ClubH2o and Maple Grove. The show is always nice,but I always hear about people talking about why should I have to compete against a car that is newer than mine's and I think that is the only problem.[HR][/HR]​
Dude.....you must be on crack...lol
Our show has the most classes of ANY Vw show. Every car has there own class & some are even broken up more the that. H20 & waterfest only have a few classes. Last year I was at waterfest I was in A2 modified. There was 42 other cars in my class. Thats why I will not go this year & H2o only has 1 A2 class. I didn't even waste my time to go there.

·
Banned
9,922 Posts
Re: E-town VW Show and Go .. thank you (viciousvento)

show was pretty good.... since you did ask for both good and bad.. when the MD crew rolled in, we were directed to the Import show... upon asking staff if this was the correct show i was told yes it was. eventually we learned it was on the other side(thing that tipped me off was the $15 entrance fee and honduhhs rolling around) and after that it was no more than a quick refund, drive around to the other side, and a quick moving line to pay my $10 to enter the RIGHT show.
maybe we missed em, but bigger signs distinguishing the shows would have been better.
there was a good variety of show cars present, i saw some crazy new ideas in the New beetle section that are sure to trickle down slowly through the branches of the VW family tree, as well as some cars that had me saying "oh that poor thing"(another common phrase was "uhh the import show is on the OTHER side").
i missed most of the awards because i was watching some dubs kill some honduh's on the 1320, but did happen to see the silver mk2 4dr... that was CLEAN i like that car A LOT!!!
the drive back was a bit long and boring, but not 30 minutes after leaving E-town we had our first casualty
Nate's bro was in a bit of a collision w/ Kyle... no severe damage done to either car, yet the mk3 held up better than the mk2(sorry, never caught Nate's bro's name!)
the rest of the drive how was a noramally spirited drive, including 2/3rds of our MD caravan taking the NJ Turnpike North by accident; a random Chevy Cavalier from Glen burnie that we met on the way back that was desperate to keep up with lindsay to get some views, yet somehow couldn't keep up with a 2.0
i also happened to pull up to three mk3 GTI VR's @ a rest stop while waitin for the rest of my caravan(two black, one maroon)...
after getting home i promptly fell into bed, and didn't wake up till well into 1st period today(made it to school in time for 2nd though!)...
i hope there will be another one next year... maybe on a saturday though???

·
Registered
4,257 Posts

Nice show Jim, It was a very nice turnout and my first time attending. I will be there next year!!
BTW Your Passat was sick

[Modified by turboit, 10:53 PM 4-8-2002]

·
Registered
347 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]where was that silver a2 4dr gti ?
aint that a german squad car?
love that car
Yup......Thats mine
It was parked at the Girlie Girl racing booth on the other side of the track for most of the day then we brought it over around 3[HR][/HR]​

you remember me from nopi? i had that big ass bolt in my tire . nice show . except for the traffic on the way home, all the way home

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: E-town VW Show and Go .. thank you (RICHVR6)

How can you say that about ClubH20 and Waterfest you need to be kicked. What was the A3 class did you guys have the Jetta and Golf by themselves and what years did you put together.
There was
A3 Golf 2dr
A3 golf 4dr
A3 Jetta
A3 super modified
How could you break it up anymore??

·
Registered
4,261 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]
Dude.....you must be on crack...lol
Our show has the most classes of ANY Vw show. Every car has there own class & some are even broken up more the that. H20 & waterfest only have a few classes. Last year I was at waterfest I was in A2 modified. There was 42 other cars in my class. Thats why I will not go this year & H2o only has 1 A2 class. I didn't even waste my time to go there. [HR][/HR]​
IIRC, H2O last year had close to 50 Classes for Water Cooled VWs.
According to the WF Site there are 22 classes for each of Stock, Modified and Super Modified categories for a total of 66 Classes. Did/does E-Town really have more than 50 or 66 classes for the Water Cooled VWs? (Remember the Air Cooled Classes at E-Town do not count when you compare E-Town to H2O and WF).
I guess I will have to find my copy of the E-Town flyer to see how many classes were listed because I just do not remember seeing 50 or 66 classes for just the Water Cooled VWs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.