VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 GLX, and the headlights are yellowed, not too long ago I saw clear "euro" headlights on ebay that were what I was looking for to get that new car look, they were only 175$, but I didn't have any money at the time. Now all the "euro" lights I can find are all 400-500 dollars, I was wondering how you do the E36 conversion (I like the look of this) and the materials, prices, and work it would involve. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Re: E36 conversion (penya79)

for mine total of... 283.50, 280 for my lights shipped w/ blue angel eyes, and 3.50 for simpson ties.... i used all stock screws so mounting was a piece of cake! did take a long time for me to get the headlight connector out of the old headlights... but mine look awesome! gl dude! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

P.S. Ill post pics of this after i get my car painted! (these are soo cool... :
rool:: soo cool)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Re: E36 conversion (passatvr6er)

I am selling a set of US Spec E36(non ellipsoidal) headlights, I used them for about 3 mths, no scratches, $100 plus shipping for the pair. Let me know, I can send pics.

[Modified by metalheadz001, 9:52 PM 2-7-2003]

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Re: E36 conversion (FunctionB4Form)

There is quite a bit of gap / very small depending on how you mount them... the fit is amazingly good tho.. the gap is between the front of the light and the back of the metal grill surround piece... the modding is pretty easy be creative minor drilling is req'd for good install... i tried it without drilling anything... and it looked like crap... but you can be creative and it will work out great!

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Re: E36 conversion (MistersuperflyGLX)

quote:[HR][/HR]I have a 96 GLX, and the headlights are yellowed, not too long ago I saw clear "euro" headlights on ebay that were what I was looking for to get that new car look, they were only 175$, but I didn't have any money at the time. Now all the "euro" lights I can find are all 400-500 dollars[HR][/HR]​
Importvision.com has them, H1/H1 with a 5W city light, real glass for $159. I plan to get them myself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.