VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I'm looking for some answers regarding the plausibility of putting my car on E. I have read posts that the car will automatically adjust fuel trims, etc within a certain degree one way or another, and providing I install the correct flowrate injector to accommodate, it will run just fine. This is supported by Bluewater Performance's website, where they offer a "conversion kit" for the ME7 8v using UM software and Bosch 315cc injectors. Interestingly enough, I called UM today to ask whether they offered E tunes for mk4 8v, which they denied, so Bluewater must be using their basic N/A re-tune file. Currently, the car is a stock bottom end AVH, fully built head, mild P&P, studded, 276 cam, big valve, SR st3 ported intake mani, becker header into a full 2.5" catless exhaust, and is running well on a basic Reflect tune, although I feel it could definitely use a little more fuel with the significantly increased airflow volume. I understand that E is harder on rubber components but I'm not worried about this long-term as the car isn't a daily driver.

Does anyone else here have experience running an 8v NA on E85 with ME7 management? Or even general insight, thanks a ton fellas.

Why am I doing this? Pretty simple - I want as much NA power as absolutely possible out of my 2.slow. It was my first VW, and now owning a W8 and R32 I wanted to give the faithful golf some love - plus I just like being different.

·
Registered
01 Golf, and Jetta, Both 2.0aeg 5 speed, also a 99 beetle about to be for sale
219 Posts
Love to see the all in on the 2.0. I am going down this path myself. Unfortunately I have nothing constructive for you in the e85 department.

I checked your post history for info on your build. I would be interested in how it has gone for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked your post history for info on your build. I would be interested in how it has gone for you.
Thanks. Quite frankly I hadn’t the slightest idea what I was talking about in my previous posts haha, so the build is FAR far from what it was in my vision for the car back then. I’m plenty happy with where it is now, and plan on staying NA but haven’t thrown out the possibility of FI yet as I did use studs (reusable if I install a 9:1 spacer) and picked up a T3 mani. Personally, I am in love with how the car rips around as a 4 banger. It feels like an EM1civic almost, power comes on around 4500 and wraps well into redline. The header and straight exhaust with 11.5lb fly make it rev/ feel like a Honda anyways, and I’ve already embarrassed more than one B series car and I know there’s more to give. If you’d like to know or see more, feel free to follow / message me on ig @mk4_gabe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts