VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
volkswagen Jetta 1.4T
491 Posts
So you don't have any links to the UK ones? Also while I have you, is it possible to do a MBC on the 1.4T? Running stage 2 getting 22.5 really would like to push that to 25.5 not to mention hope the ball and spring would fix some of the fall off at 5k rpms.

But seems like there's no way to tap into the vacuum line.
I’m always around . I do , I just have to look for it on safari. Please define MBC. I’m stage 2 runnin peak 27psi on e20 tune . I pull allllllll the way to redline. You can tap into the charge pipe on the top of bottom area . I have a boost gauge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
MBC=Manual boost controller

What stage 2 is 27psi? And i have like a 7psi drop off after 5k rpms. Pretty consistent with the stock drop off only at higher psi levels

·
Registered
volkswagen Jetta 1.4T
491 Posts
MBC=Manual boost controller

What stage 2 is 27psi? And i have like a 7psi drop off after 5k rpms. Pretty consistent with the stock drop off only at higher psi levels
Ohhhhh sorry . I haven’t experienced any drop off. You must be pulling timing . ( not “you” but your ECU-no way to tell unless you data log but that seems about right)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Pulling timing? And you're running Unitronic stage 2 correct? Thought they only made a 93 octane tune how are you running e20?

·
Registered
volkswagen Jetta 1.4T
491 Posts
You get 27 psi consistently? Should I try and reflash stage 2?
Yeah 27 psi consistently, I will have a video on my channel backing this statement. Perhaps get some 'top tier gas' 93oct and then reflash the car and then go on a decent 10 minute drive. Perhaps your spark plugs are bad? I am not sure what to tell you without logs. You should see at least 24 psi consistently with NO psi drop in high rpms. Psi drop is not normal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Doing a little bit of digging and thinking its just the crappy stock boost sensor. Ordered a boost gauge. After install see whats really up with boost psi, if still having an issue think you might be right about plugs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah 27 psi consistently, I will have a video on my channel backing this statement. Perhaps get some 'top tier gas' 93oct and then reflash the car and then go on a decent 10 minute drive. Perhaps your spark plugs are bad? I am not sure what to tell you without logs. You should see at least 24 psi consistently with NO psi drop in high rpms. Psi drop is not normal.
Let me know when you get that video up

·
Registered
45 Posts
My buddy dyno'ed his 1.4tsi 2017 jetta. They calculated 206hp and 271tq. This is with unitronic stage 2 and dp w cai. Custom exhaust. He didn't have the fans running which cost some dyno numbers.

We are hoping for 220hp in the next few months.
Do you happen to have that dino sheet anywhere?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was just curious bc all the apr guys talk **** about Unitronic stage 2 yet there stage 1 dyno is like 166hp 236tq if you're (or your buddy) actually getting over 200 on a stage 2 Unitronic that would be nice to see

·
Registered
volkswagen Jetta 1.4T
491 Posts
I was just curious bc all the apr guys talk **** about Unitronic stage 2 yet there stage 1 dyno is like 166hp 236tq if you're (or your buddy) actually getting over 200 on a stage 2 Unitronic that would be nice to see
I've called out two apr 1.4Ts .... both declined for races for youtube.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Idk how any of these tunes are actually functional when the stock boost sensor maxs out at 22.5psi but I have yet to find a 4bar sensor aside from for like a 2012 tdi

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Idk how any of these tunes are actually functional when the stock boost sensor maxs out at 22.5psi but I have yet to find a 4bar sensor aside from for like a 2012 tdi
What about GLI ones? When they upgrade and go higher boost. Custom flanges for one?

·
Registered
45 Posts
What about GLI ones? When they upgrade and go higher boost. Custom flanges for one?

Are you referring to the turbo or the boost sensor? As far as the turbo goes yes you could potentially run a 1.8 or 2.0 with a custom flange. VW really did the 1.4 dirty by not having the headifold match the higher models. I mean i know why they did it the 1.4 is single scroll and the higher models are twin scroll and there's no reason for twin scroll on the tiny stock 1.4 but still they could have just put a IS12 as the stock turbo on the 1.4 and no one would be having turbo upgrade issues! As far as boost sensor for the gli I'm sure it's the same as the 1.4 bc they aren't expecting any more boost spike off a gli compared to a 1.4

·
Registered
45 Posts
Still waiting on that video I want to see this no boost fall off all the way to redline!!!!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts