VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I see you found the other forum I had posted in about this. I did post some links in there too with a little more info.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?9372811-EPC-Light-on&p=114550407&viewfull=1#post114550407
Yep, been doing a lot of searching. I talked to Customer Care and they told me that my PZEV was eligible, that my state was covered and to bring it to the dealer. She then gave me someone else's claim number. So, I took it in to the dealer and they diagnosed the stuck actuator and called VW Warranty. VW denied the claim based on my reg state.

So, I talked with Cust Care again and they confirmed that their rep gave me bad info and nothing could be done to compensate for that. I am about 4900 miles over the Federal emissions warranty, so out of luck. $2300 for a new turbo, though I am looking into alternatives now.

So...watch out for VW Cust Care and, if you get sporadic EPC lights (like I have for a long time), get it into the shop pronto.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow this really is a problem. I brought my 2015 sport wagon to a shop today and was told the wastegate is seized. Was having intermittent epc with p00af codes that progressively got worse. Car is at 82k km (~51k miles). Bought it used from a dealer less than a year ago and have put about 3000km in it in total in that time (living downtown now so don’t drive much at all). Spoke to the dealer Today and they told me this is a common issue and apparently vw Canada extended the warranty to cover this to 100k / 5years but I’m 20 days past the cut off so I’m out of luck. Emailed vw Canada but not expecting them to do much. Dealer said $3500 For a replacement lol. I’ll probably go reconditioned for ~700 and get a local shop to install (maybe I should just get an is20). dealer basically said if you don’t drive often it might seize so I guess I can expect that to happen again unless I drive all the time...
So do all that. Just spray the wastegate linkage with a liquid lube like wd-40 until you feel the wastegate un-seize. After that, apply so nickel based anti-seize(2400f rated) to the linkage. I did just that with my car and boom, no more codes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a jetta mk5 and was looking to swap the grill for a gti one off a mk5 golf also looking into front fogs is my best option to go for a golf gti bumper and grill or can i fit a gti grill to my jetta bumper and get lower grills for fog lights? Thanks

More info about this you can see there antivirusmonster com/ antivirusmonster com/

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Drive the car on the highway once a week you probably wouldn’t have any issues at all.

Short trips are a recipe to destroy a car in....
Um... less than 50k miles

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looking into big turbo swapping my car with ECS's Non MQB turbo kit for the Gen 3's and im curious on as of what to do with the wastegate actuator. The turbo kit says the stock one hooks right up to it but is this a bad idea since they are wiping out the stock turbos? I am on my second stock turbo and it is the revised one but if the actuator wiped out the last one im nervous on installing it on a new bigger turbo. What would my options be?

·
Registered
15 Posts
So do all that. Just spray the wastegate linkage with a liquid lube like wd-40 until you feel the wastegate un-seize. After that, apply so nickel based anti-seize(2400f rated) to the linkage. I did just that with my car and boom, no more codes.
I can also confirm that, for now, the codes disappeared after using high-temp lube on the linkage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is interesting, I have now for the 3rd time received this error and I am not looking forward to yet again another turbo replacement under the PZEV warranty. I had posted a video of this issue enabling the wastegate actuator from ODBeleven the last time this happened.
I am really considdering going over to AutoZone and picking up some WD-40 and anti-seize if it works like as been posted.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts