VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im under the impression that the 02m transmission that I have is the earlier version of the trans. It does not have the black plastic cap on the outside of the housing. I have the steel shift forks for it but I have heard they wont work with this version. Will be installing a lsd and stage 3ish clutch with a steel flywheel, and arp hardware. Anyone with experience upgrading this transmission for more power id love to hear what you have to say.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an early 02Q transmission (extremely similar) open right now and noticed that the steel 5-6 shift forks are not compatible unless the reverse fork is changed to the newer style as well. The 1-4 gear shift forks fit like a glove though, especially with the bronze sliders on them. You can check out some of the supporting mods that darkside developments makes as well. Although, from what I hear, the 02M/02Q's are very stout transmissions. :thumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.