1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD
SOLD

All completely redone, ready to use.
Housings blasted and painted. Bearings thoroughly cleaned, checked and repacked with high moly EP grease. Rubber donuts are New and are a little higher durometer than originals, fit perfectly.. I use these early tops on all my cars. New ones blow out, these are good for 20 years.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
All completely redone, ready to use.
Housings blasted and painted. Bearings thoroughly cleaned, checked and repacked with high moly EP grease. Rubber donuts are New and are a little higher durometer than originals, fit perfectly.. I use these early tops on all my cars. New ones blow out, these are good for 20 years.

$200 for a pair shipped in USA
Take paypal?

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
20 years guaranteed?
My personal experience.
24 years in a cabby
18 years in a TD Jetta
And 11 years in a 2dr 16v Jetta.

Also this is the same style used on early 70 Super Beetles and preferred over the non rebuildable options for those who have long term experience and use of their vehicles.

Sent from my Orange device

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any chrome ones? Interested
No chrome.
The tops are original to 75-77 rabbit and scirocco. We're painted black originally.
They are better than the tops used on the later mk1. Current replacements for the later tops are known to collapse or blow out in short time. I have seen some new ones only last a few months before the hats separate from the rubber.

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
No chrome.
The tops are original to 75-77 rabbit and scirocco. We're painted black originally.
They are better than the tops used on the later mk1. Current replacements for the later tops are known to collapse or blow out in short time. I have seen some new ones only last a few months before the hats separate from the rubber.

IM sent!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
No chrome.

I understand. Still interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.