VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
891 Posts
Re: eastwood rust encapsulator?? good/bad (pigbladder)

Quote, originally posted by pigbladder »
im looking for a product to paint over small rust pits/bare metal...is the rust encapsulator good for that

I've not used that product, but their Oxisolv Rust Remover worked really well. Their products have generally worked as advertised, and they are big in the restoration market. I would have no hesitations with any of their products.
Bryan

· Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive used por15 before...not impressed really,although it does state its paint over rust
im needing a product thats suitable to paint over clean metal with the odd rust pit etc...as i prefer to clean as much rust off as i can

· Registered
18 Posts
It's a good product for your application. Looks like a traditional red-brown heavy-bodied oil based primer (ie like 'red lead'). It brushes or sprays on nicely and adheres to both metal and existing paint. (the Por 15 drawback - it advises only use on bare metal, not existing paint).
I used it, after power wire brushing, to prime surface rust patches that had grown under the undercoat in the engine bay & front floor area of my A2 golf (you know the kind). Also used straight on some very rusty brackets in lieu of sandblasting them etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.