VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is this thing US road legal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991...rything_Else&hash=item27b39dac2c#ht_500wt_976

1991 Suzuki Mini Truck Refurbished and Customized,

Left side steering, Leather Bucket Seats

AC/Heat,custom paint in/out

Pioneer CD System

4WD Manual Transmission with super low gear and differential lock, 5 inch lift

Ext cab with custom made camper shell, Rhino Lining in bed with two removable benches

14in MAx Buck Shot Muders

frt winch,Frt and Rear Bumpers

Titled and inspection sticker road legal

great condition, its a must have great for hunters

cash only must arange for pickup or transpertation

·
Registered
87,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
914 Posts
I dont know about Ms regs but it has turn signals and lights , add a stupid DMV clerk..

I had a mini bike that was street legal last year. Inspectors didnt know whether to pass it or not it had lights horn signals plate light and 12 inch wheels:p

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I do not know about Missisippi, but in Iowa that is NOT road legal. Our state DOT even has a page about "Japanese Mini Trucks". It looks like the seller bought it off eBay in 08 and he appears to have a late on it in the pictures...maybe its legal in MS??

All I really need to know though is the "For Off Road Use Only" on the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
87,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do not know about Missisippi, but in Iowa that is NOT road legal. Our state DOT even has a page about "Japanese Mini Trucks". It looks like the seller bought it off eBay in 08 and he appears to have a late on it in the pictures...maybe its legal in MS??

All I really need to know though is the "For Off Road Use Only" on the gauge cluster.
Obviously this varies by state- but in Tennessee you can get a made from scratch rail buggy titled, tagged and insured. But then we can't import a Skyline? So who knows (shrug)?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
In Montana, it can be licensed and driven on public roads. The only exception is you can't drive on the interstate. This goes for anything that is licensed, including ATV's and snowmobiles. You do have to have working headlights, turn signals, horn, etc. My boss has been riding his quad runner to work for over a month now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.