VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Re: ebay?? does it work?? (Sick Ass Jetta)

i'm gonna have to call bs on that. It may very well be a link but consider this.
I sell retail electronics for a living. The average cost on that screen (even though it's a last years model) is over $3000cdn. Considering depreciation, maybe even refurbished items, liquidation closeouts, it is economically unlikely, however possible that someone could be forced to sell these below cost, even then that would be an all time low of say 50% of cost ($1500) and that's only to attempt to recoup a loss.
So the chances of ANYONE selling a decoder equipped deck like the alpine 900 to ANYONE for $100 are slim to none, leaning VERY heavily on th NONE side.....

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: ebay?? does it work?? (neildorin)

yeah i see what ur tryin to say, but hey for 5 bucks i might just takr a chance and try it..........i just wanted to see if anyone ever did

·
Registered
7,581 Posts

if it sounds too good to be true it probably is, you get what you pay for.......................shall I go on with the old man sayings

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: ebay?? does it work?? (Grabbit)

ok heres the deal.....i read a couple of the feedback and there all good

Modified by Sick Ass Jetta at 8:59 AM 2-15-2004

·
Registered
404 Posts

dontdo it... its bull..its part of a pyramid marketing scheme... I have a link somewhere that explains it all... I will post it later

·
Registered
660 Posts
its not for the unit...its for like...a link where u can get them for like $100 or some sh*t...i wouldnt trust it but - its ur money

·
Registered
3,208 Posts

if he was legit, hed buy the units and sell them for 1k a peice ... instead of selling 5$ rip you off website links

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Re: ebay?? does it work?? (WhiteyVR6)

Quote, originally posted by WhiteyVR6 »
if he was legit, hed buy the units and sell them for 1k a peice ... instead of selling 5$ rip you off website links

exactly
once I emailed some of the dudes in the that left a seller feedback. They all said it was bogus and emailed me the email that the seller sent them.
it pretty much said call up manufacturers and tell them you are a retail store and you want display and sample units.

·
Banned
8,354 Posts
Re: ebay?? does it work?? (28)

this is houw it works: its called a matrix. people pay the 100 bucks or whatever the cost is. they are put in a line. say that after the first 10 people are in line, the first person gets his head system. Then , in order for the 2nd person to get his, there must be 20 people in line. 4th, 40 people, etc. Pretty much, if u are at the end of the line you are screwed. This system does work to an extent, but by the end, you will get riped off.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: ebay?? does it work?? (GTi Punk)

ok i ended up buying the cheapest one i found, it was $1.........the guy emailed me to links
if anyone wants them ill post them

·
Registered
5,626 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Sick Ass Jetta »
ok i ended up buying the cheapest one i found, it was $1.........the guy emailed me to links
if anyone wants them ill post them

please do. cuz we can tell you if the units on the links are BS or not.
this is probably about as legit as the rolex's in New York

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Re: ebay?? does it work?? (G60SLAVE)

Quote, originally posted by G60SLAVE »
dontdo it... its bull..its part of a pyramid marketing scheme... I have a link somewhere that explains it all... I will post it later

exactly what he said dont do it. its a pyramid scheme
unfortunately i had 5 bucks to burn so i bought that worthless link.. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
1,336 Posts

just spend your $5 by playing at the state lottery. the pot is bigger and the chances are the same

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Re: ebay?? does it work?? (nicuss)

Quote »

this is houw it works: its called a matrix. people pay the 100 bucks or whatever the cost is. they are put in a line. say that after the first 10 people are in line, the first person gets his head system. Then , in order for the 2nd person to get his, there must be 20 people in line. 4th, 40 people, etc. Pretty much, if u are at the end of the line you are screwed. This system does work to an extent, but by the end, you will get riped off.

Look up Quixstar and Amway, it's about the concept with different products.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts