VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,434 Posts
I have one, it's 3inchs works great with my custom 3in mandrel bend exhaust, fitment was fine didn't have to modify anything. I went with an OBX one, was like $120 came, in a few days The onl;y thing is if you don't use their step down adapter to the stock exhaust your going to need to weld a bung in for your 2nd 02 sensor. I live in california for I cut the stock cat to 3 inches and just welded a new bung on after the cat, if you aren't going to run a cat you can just cut off the portion of the step down thats not 3 inches since the 2nd 02 bung is welded to the 3inch portion of the pipe. As for the Gaskets, I got an OEM one for my turbo - Down pipe, and then welded the stock cat so I didn't use the gaskets they supplied but from the looks of them I wouldn't trust them, a new OEM gasket is like $15 it's worth the piece of mind

· Registered
173 Posts
Everything he said but mine was a Raceland, it went to a magnaflow 2.5 cat back and my OEM gasket was only seven bucks!

So far no problems but I only have about 100 miles on it. Went on easy as hell and only cost about $120.

· Registered
5,213 Posts
works great I got mine from an ebay dealer that has an actual web store. The 3" SS dp has spot on, perfect welds, good flexpipe, and after 2 winters in Northern Va and Maryland (lots of salt, not much snow) it's in perfect condition. I can just wipe it off and it looks like I just installed it.

Just go on google and look up 3" vw downpipe in shopping. They will be there.

· Registered
12,816 Posts
A2r inc, and speedyracer on ebay have the best downpipes... the a2r inc is the one i have, but i have seen/sold/installed a lot of the speedyracer's... both of those ebay sellers have stores:thumbup: also i think speedyracer is also the same ones who make/sell that emusa 50 trim kit, im just too lazy to look, but they are located in indiana

· Registered
3,183 Posts
A2r inc, and speedyracer on ebay have the best downpipes... the a2r inc is the one i have, but i have seen/sold/installed a lot of the speedyracer's... both of those ebay sellers have stores:thumbup: also i think speedyracer is also the same ones who make/sell that emusa 50 trim kit, im just too lazy to look, but they are located in indiana
Sounds good I'll check that out

works great I got mine from an ebay dealer that has an actual web store. The 3" SS dp has spot on, perfect welds, good flexpipe, and after 2 winters in Northern Va and Maryland (lots of salt, not much snow) it's in perfect condition. I can just wipe it off and it looks like I just installed it.

Just go on google and look up 3" vw downpipe in shopping. They will be there.
Thanks will do.

· Registered
429 Posts
I had no problems with the OBX 3.0" Catless either..... I bought a OEM gasket however, highly recommend you do, the ones they come with are super ****ty.
actually I get rubbing/buzzing from hitting the heat shield down there, gonna buy some new dogbone mounts and hopefully it'll fix it up, maybe a little bending of the heat shield is needed, I'll check after i get some mounts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.