1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just installed this over the weekend.

Link
Cone Air Filter Induction Intake Kit - Audi S3 A3 (8P) TT (8J) 2.0 TFSI K03 K04

It came in a RAMAIR box with RAMAIR parts. It just did not include a heat shield.
Installed:
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive air manifold Vehicle Automotive exterior

Took about 40 minutes to install. It wasn't difficult, just took a little longer than expected due to the clamp that I needed to pinch to get the old hose off.
The first day, at high RPM it made my engine light blink due to unmetered air going through the port hole after MAF.

AS you can see the intake come with a rubber fitting over the port hole.(below left) The Kit comes with a plastic piece that blocks this port hole as this rubber gets hot and lets unmetered air through. Its strange to see it installed liked this on the ebay pictures as well as surely it will give you misfires at high rpm.

Automotive tire Material property Cylinder Automotive exhaust Gas

Cap installed. Once this cap was put on , no more issues. No faults codes to clear.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Gas Automotive exterior

The cars sounds great at WOT, good induction noise. Good turbo noise and audible bypass noise with my DSG.
WAYYY better than getting those cheap blow off valve crap they sell on ebay that makes your car sound like a giant bus. Dont get those, theyre wack.
Certain deceleration give it an awesome fluttering noise. Very happy with my purchase. The car doesnt sound like a bus.

Happy that I dont have to take that huge intake on top of the motor on and off (not that it was difficult) when working on the car and I dont have to use my two fingers to open the motor oil cap anymore. Really loving driving the A3 even more. For 130 bucks free shipping from across the pond, cant complain as it was one of the cheapest intakes I was able to find.

Reactions: Tcardio

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay I'm having issues issues the plug. Lol it popped out and now I'm back to using the rubber piece and clamping that in place. I think it'd the only downside to getting an intke with a port hole that needs to be plugged. Other than that. I still love it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts